DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got side swiped on the highway last night and now my baby doesn't looks so good.

Guess this would be as good a time as any to get the 300M mirrors

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. So I was looking thru some How-Tos and it looks like I need to remove the door panel in order to disconnect the mirror wire. Is that correct?

Anybody here a bodyman? If so what's the basic estimate to get all this fixed? I'm really hoping I don't have to replace the door.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Replace the door, it's trash. You can find a decent one in a yard that is probably the same color. You do have insurance right?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replace the door, it's trash. You can find a decent one in a yard that is probably the same color. You do have insurance right?
Yeah I got insurance, but what insurance is jus gonna pay me money to go get parts out of a junk yard? I'm pretty sure they're gonna want pros to do everything including the parts right?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,049 Posts
When my 2000 R/T was involved in a Hit-N-Run I got the drivers fender and complete drivers front door including mirror in the same color for $225 locally. Did a search on car-part.com and found both items at the same yard 30 miles away.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,628 Posts
Anybody here a bodyman? If so what's the basic estimate to get all this fixed? I'm really hoping I don't have to replace the door.
Yeah I got insurance, but what insurance is jus gonna pay me money to go get parts out of a junk yard? I'm pretty sure they're gonna want pros to do everything including the parts right?
First off, I'm glad that you weren't injured or worse. Did you not get the other driver's license plate info? Was this a hit & run?
His insurance should pay for your repairs.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First off, I'm glad that you weren't injured or worse. Did you not get the other driver's license plate info? Was this a hit & run?
His insurance should pay for your repairs.
Thanks. Actually the guy pulled over and we exchanged info then went and filed a police report. Still waiting for the companies to establish fault.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt, luckily that's just cosmetic damage. As others have said, if you can find an Intrepid the same color as yours, you can get the parts you need for way less than the cost of body shop repair. That's what I did with my rear door.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Last time I had to do bodywork, I had to get three different estimates, and the ins co sent me a check for the average of all three. I bought a bumper from the junkyard and pocketed the difference. However, that was about 12 years ago, and I am sure it varies from company to company.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts