DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I got the idea from the TCPMeta thread, I looked into dyno testing our cars (I know, it’s family sedan)
The location is in East Hartford, CT, it is called Bristol DYNO. I spoke to the owner and he said that he has never tested an Intrepid and we would get the group rate if we have 5 or more cars.

The rate for 5 or more cars is 50.00 per car and if you want the air/fuel metering it will be 5 dollars more.

There website is http://www.bristoldyno.com/

There September schedule looks open right now, just wanted to know if there was an interest in doing this. :dance2:

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
see now i might be interested, but i really dont have any reason to dyno my car that i can think of...

·
Registered
662 Posts
These guys are partnered with Victor Research which is one of the leading tuning places in the state. I've heard a lot from some people with DSM's that I know.

Now I'd be very interested in doing this (I've put in intake, exhaust, and the underdrive pulley) so I kinda want to know what I'm running at. However, I'm going up to college so I could only really do it around holidays that I come home. Don't know if they're open Columbus Day in October, or else I could only really do it Thanksgiving or winter recess. I could also come home a random weekend for it, but I think it'd be better if we did it a little later because we just had CT and MA mini meets in like, a month. I'd be in for it though!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The October schedule on the site is open, if Columbus Day works, I can call the owner and pencil DI.net in if he is open. I plan to do this (just want to see what she’s got)

I think giving us a month off should be good, it will let me finish some upgrades that I want to do (RB1 - Thanks MA Meet + amp + sub + auto headlight switch + overtime to pay for it all)

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Damn ozzy - you got an RB1?? You lucky SOB you! I can't see much of a point in putting my car on the dyno either beign that I haven't really done much in the way of performance mods, but I'd still be down for a meet anytime now that school has started and things are slowly returning to normal.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RB1 and the amp will be on order when I get the money back for the Magnum wheels that I had to return.

Didn't think I was going for an RB1 till I went to the MA meet and all of the 300m crew had them, and I like them. (If everyone else is going to jump over the bridge, hell so will I)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
haha, the RB1 is a nice unit, but too rich for my tastes... i do like them a lot though

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Yeah, I'm kinda with you on that one Ryan. Lots of other mods I can do with that money that are mroe useful to me. If I traveled alot I'd have one for sure. I just wish my magellan roadmate wasn't a huge piece of crap, it woudl be nice to use when I do go out of my local area, like to our meet or to meet with Ross.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
The RB1 was sweet when I had it in the Intrepid. Sold it pretty much for the same price I bought it for also. Good to know some things hold their value.

BTW - not to sound negative but you are gonna find it tough to get absolute yes answers on the dyno meet, I tried this before with XXtuning in E. Hartford and a ton were eager to sign up then all slowly backed out for one reason or another. BTW - XX does the Mustang dyno (Mustang brand, not type of car) 3 passes for $50 regular price

Ozzy, when are you getting your butt to the track with me on a Wed night for some timeslips?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey JoeKD I checked the track schedule and it looks like everything is on the weekends now. I still want to do it, when are you going up? I know there are issues on your side, I didn't know if you were up to it.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Nah, still plenty of Wed night sessions, I have the official calendar on my desk at work, let me look tomorrow and I'll let you know when the last Wed night session is.

The past couple weeks have been a literal Hell for me but things as slowly getting back to normal, what better reason to head to the track for some fun?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Next week I’m working on Wednesday, and I have a EMT Refresher class on the weekend but after that I’m good on Wednesdays.

I looked on mapquest and it’s only about 2 hours away, that’s no problem with me. But I will also look at having the car on the dyno before the year is done.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good for the 13th, let me check with the wife, but I don't see an issue.

Anyone else want to go and test the 1/4 mile with us?

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
Ozzie, (maybe Keith too LOL) re RB1, ebay Chrysler dealers Park Jeep is blowing out current 7/06 models Buy it now $500-600 new in box with Mopar 12 month warranty. Considering what used are selling for that definitely may be way to go unless you have something else up yur sleeve. (Keep away from the "famous ebayerMrwhat'shisname") They also (Park Jeep) have the IPOD integrator for RB1.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'd be interested in the quarter mile, but you'd have to save that for a weekend too, plus I definitely need new tires before that, plus I'd have to take out my subs and spare. Maybe start another thread a little later for a new england track date?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Just confirmed that Wed 9/13 is a test and tune night, $20 for drivers

I'll be going as long as the weather forecast looks good, nothing worse then driving all the way to the track and having it called off (been there, done that, makes for a very long drive home)

If anyone is seriously thinking of going let me know when it gets closer and I can meet you somewhere along the way. So far the only other club memeber who has been to the track with me is Justin, he came a few times last year.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts