DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed on more than one occasion that my car (96 Trep, 3.3) has rumbled a little on acceleration...but the other day, I decided, for no apparent reason to actually rev it up while I was parked and came to a conclusion... The rumbling I hear only happens at about 2100 RPM, lasts til about 2300 and never anything higher or lower than that, so I took her out and got on the highway and checked it out, and the same thing, 2100-2300 RPM is where the rumble is, air on or off, no matter what. The question is, what is causing this... Everything works...vice the speedo (asked about that in another thread, still nothing) and the only other thing is when I accelerate hard, like going uphill and entering the interstate and I have to put the pedal to the metal, it smokes, minimally, but she does, I havent noticed it myself, that was a friends observation when following me one day. Not too worried though. So how to fix that rumble? Any suggestions?

Thanks

:confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still waiting for some input here, I dont want to spend money taking it to some di**weed that will tell me that its a CV when its actually spark plugs or that the engine needs rebuilt when its actually a vac leak...its happened before, lol.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i dont know about parked but if im not on it just slowly accl and when it shifts into 4th in the lower rpms it kinda rumbles but what your describing sounds different

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Could be something loose on the exhuast system. As for anything else try doing a tune-up. Like plugs, wires, change the tranny fluid and filter, the air filter, PVC valve, and Ect. Also check you belts, make sure everthing is nice and tight.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Could be the torque converter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts