DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 94 intrepid 3.3l v6 and im wondering do you think it would beat a 98 dodge durango 5.9 350hp suv? im gonna race him sometime this week i have driven his car and acceleration is great but im not sure who will win. i think i have a chance wat u guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
I take it his is the R/T. Be close. Never seen one go all out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know if he is telling the truth but his is the slt plus version he tells me its 5.9 but i heard only the r/t is 5.9
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,697 Posts
The 5.9 was an option on the SLT. It's torquey, but a dog as far as speed. Although it will be quicker than an R/T since it's not awd. Should be a good race, not sure who to put my money on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,041 Posts
Well, the 5.9 stock has only 245 HP and 335 Torque not 350 HP. But even with Curb Weight: 4568 lbs. The specs of 0-60Mph on her is 9.3 sec (specs taken from Edmunds) seem pretty good. He may have edge on you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
IntrepidBus IV said:
The 5.9 was an option on the SLT. It's torquey, but a dog as far as speed. Although it will be quicker than an R/T since it's not awd. Should be a good race, not sure who to put my money on.
Its not a dog in the 98 Jeep GC limited 0-60 in 6.8 seconds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,840 Posts
im not sure about this race..... seems kinda fun tho.... definitely get a camcorder.

ure lighter but older, hes powerful but heavy.... ive never seen those things move quickly so i think you will win. It all depends for how long u race, 1/4 mile u should be ok.

BTW what year is the durango??? i saw 1 2004 a while back attempting a burn out and it sounded like it was gonna explode LOL.... all it got was a little chirp HEHE.... so its definitely a slow starter thats for sure.

Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we did a quick race uphill only a block long i donno how many metres but to the end of the street nothing big. sadly i lost by less than half a car lengh i was flooring it the whole time i only got up to 85km/h before the stopsign im so mad :( but i think that in a 1/4 mile race i would win
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,994 Posts
linuxglobal said:
im not sure about this race..... seems kinda fun tho.... definitely get a camcorder.

ure lighter but older, hes powerful but heavy.... ive never seen those things move quickly so i think you will win. It all depends for how long u race, 1/4 mile u should be ok.

BTW what year is the durango??? i saw 1 2004 a while back attempting a burn out and it sounded like it was gonna explode LOL.... all it got was a little chirp HEHE.... so its definitely a slow starter thats for sure.

Good luck
Because of the full time transfer case on the 04+ models, they can't do burn outs, the owner of that was just an idiot. 04+ Models with HEMI's are nothing to play with either, their pretty quick for their size. (The new Hybrid for 08 should make it even quicker)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,994 Posts
IntrepidBus IV said:
The 5.9 was an option on the SLT. It's torquey, but a dog as far as speed. Although it will be quicker than an R/T since it's not awd. Should be a good race, not sure who to put my money on.
Because of the different programming on the R/T models, even with AWD the R/T is quicker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,840 Posts
albaniav3 said:
we did a quick race uphill only a block long i donno how many metres but to the end of the street nothing big. sadly i lost by less than half a car lengh i was flooring it the whole time i only got up to 85km/h before the stopsign im so mad :( but i think that in a 1/4 mile race i would win
that sux.... owell a race among friends... I wonder if a 2nd gen 3.5HO could take his durango HEHE>... maybe i might go on a little road trip

btw the one i saw was an idiot LOL.... it was in front of our school.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
My father in law has a 1999 Durango SLT. 5.2L, I think. It has lots of power at low speeds, but as soon as you hit around 30-40, it's not accelerating that fast anymore.
It sounds fricking great, though.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top