DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 3.3L 1st gen Intrepid. I have made a custom intake that is a tad over 3" in diameter. I know I gained some horsies from this alone but I was thinking..... I'd have that 3" pipe to start off with that goes down to a 2 1/2" or 2 1/4"(TB is 2 1/4" I think?). I'm thinking what will happen is that I will get a good mix of air volume and air intake speed to provide the most even powerband throughout the RPM range. And possibly increased hp and tq gains. I really wish I didn't have to engineer this myself, it'd be nice if SOMEONE specifically made a 1st gen intake for the 3.3 and/or the 3.5. Also has anyone tried those heatshield filters in comparison to the normal style? Are there brands you prefer? Any help and/or ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Custom Air Intakes

JoeKD said:

the only brand filters is K&N and the only brand intake I use is "JoeKD" built

as for heatshields, well I just can't resist...mmm..heatshield good...
LoL, yah heatshield is good, I meant heatshield filters from Ractive. They have a heatshield around them. I am thinking about doing a shield for the 3.3 along with the intake stated above and selling them to anyone who is interested. So if you would be interested let me know!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts