DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Okay, this is for all of those who don't have a working A/C compressor (or are willing to give up a/c and roll down your windows).

-Pull out the compressor, and the pulley the belt went to (a little bit further down on the engine), and you have space GALORE!

-With the Spectre Intake, you can now angle your intake tube so it faces down in the area right below where the A/C compressor used to be! It gets air blowing right in through the grille, and when those dual fans kick on, it's like, cold-air-o-rama!

-As you can see, I'm quite excited that I figured this out. I just fixed up a cold air intake without buying anything (besides the spectre tube, but I bought that a while ago)! I'm going to put a heat shield around it too. Just around the top and side that is by the engine, just to help a wee bit more.

-I'll post a pic when my mom finds her digital camera.

I am the man,
-BaTmAn

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Lol. Good idea. My a/c hasnt worked in 2 years. What did you do about the hoses ? Crimp them ?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-Well, I just kind of cut them off right where they turn to metal. I haven't gotten around to pulling the metal part of the hoses out of the firewall yet, so they're just sitting there... in my way.

-BaTmAn

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-I don't see any clips, would you be able to post a picture with them circled or something please? That would help aesthetics a lot.

Thanks,
-BaTmAn

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
The fans pull hot air through the radiator, that's not really cold air. Or you could keep your A/C and just do what I did. Go to my cardomain site in my profile and you can see it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fans pull hot air through the radiator, that's not really cold air. Or you could keep your A/C and just do what I did. Go to my cardomain site in my profile and you can see it.
-My condensor is out too so that helps to cool the radiator some more. I let my car run for about 15 min to see if where the intake is located actually is cooler than where the factory airbox was and it definitely is. And when those fans kicked on, I stuck my hand in there, it wasn't hot air. Not to mention I wasn't even driving so there wasn't any air rushing to the radiator to cool it down at the moment. I'm not saying you're totally wrong, I'm just saying you're not totally right. (Not trying to be rude). Here are some pics:

-Yes there is some color under my hood. I'm not done. I'm working on painting EVERYTHING under my hood blue. Yes, EVERYTHING.

Hope you like my Cold Air Mod,
-BaTmAn

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sure, route the air intake even closer to the exhaust manifold... Thats what I call a good cold air intake :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts