DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've heard from an unsubstantiated source that DC was awarded a $13 million+ contract in 2002 to provide "German trucks and spare parts" to the government of Iraq.

Can anyone substantiate this or provide a link to a credible news source? The only corroboration I could find was from Pravda! :rolleyes:

I'm assuming they mean the Mercedes Benz utility trucks widely used throughout Europe and the Middle East and that DC knew nothing of the impending conflict.

EDIT - I want to know because I wonder how much money, if any, DC may lose if those contracts are not fullfilled.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Does it really matter if they knew about these current events? There has been an embargo with Iraq since the end of The Gulf War, with the exception of a few items allowed under the Food for Oil Program. I'm not sure trucks and spare parts were allowed, but than again I don't know all the mundane details of the embargo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hmm if DC loses anymore money, they will never get around to owning up to some of those recalls we are all hoping come our way..

We don't need to be particularly concerned with trucks in Iraq..heck their Migs and T-72 tanks are 'formidably useless', besides I'm picturing a squad of them in the back of one of those trucks..Makes for great Apache Helicopter target practice!!!

<<Proud To Be an American...I say sell them some more DC, DC needs the money and the Marines love the easy targets!!
MARKSTREPID:baaa:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Wow, this is the strangest and most pointless topic of the day! Who cares if DC sold stuff to Iraq??? They can sell to whoever wants to buy their stuff just like any other company in the world.

·
Registered
638 Posts
You have no problem knowing an American company is selling a counlry trucks to transport the bombs thay use to kill American troops?????

PHIL

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
99'TREPID said:
You have no problem knowing an American company is selling a counlry trucks to transport the bombs thay use to kill American troops?????

PHIL
who cares who sells it. they are going to get it if they really want it.

Thats just like saying "SHUT DOWN THE STEAK KNIFE BUSINESS, BECAUSE THEY ARE USED IN MANY MURDERS!!!!"

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Avenger said:
Wow, this is the strangest and most pointless topic of the day! Who cares if DC sold stuff to Iraq??? They can sell to whoever wants to buy their stuff just like any other company in the world.
The topic/thread was not about "did DC sell trucks to Iraq," for all we know, they wanted them for public works trucks - not military vehicles. The question is: If these contracts are not fullfilled by the new leadership in Iraq, how much money is DC going to lose, if any?

Warlord - Even under the Oil-fo-Food program Iraq would still need trucks to distribute the food. I'm sure the UN would have approved the contract.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Oh yeah! A handful of people are going to boycott DC goods. *laugh* That'll show 'em!!!
Today in the news.....5 people boycotted DC goods. The CEO of DC said it had no other option but to close the doors for good. In other news.....local ashtray emptied, suspects still at large! :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
It would'nt be just 5 people boycotting DC, if the media wanted to make a big deal of this the first thing would be to point out that DC is German, no longer American controlled. Should patriotism/buy American become the big thing companies buying fleet vehicles could switch from DC to Ford or GM. Fleet orders account for a high percentage of sales and often help to lower the price of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
YB Normyl said:
It would'nt be just 5 people boycotting DC, if the media wanted to make a big deal of this the first thing would be to point out that DC is German, no longer American controlled. Should patriotism/buy American become the big thing companies buying fleet vehicles could switch from DC to Ford or GM. Fleet orders account for a high percentage of sales and often help to lower the price of the vehicle.
They could also tell that Intrepids are made in Canada also. And we would not help in the invasion. But we have our own oil and do not need to control other countries oil fields.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts