DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a customer in desperate need of an ECM for a 1989 Dakota 5.2 L " Shelby "
edition. I guess they only produced 1500 of these and seem to be scarce.

The Modded ECM was one of the " Shelby " features.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any thoughts ? Yes , this customer has sent it in twice for R+R , I don't know the details , but it he
suspects he didn't get back the same unit.

If it's that scarce , I would have marked it very clearly to identify.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,831 Posts
Sent it in where?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,831 Posts
I'm guessing the dealer is the only option for a PCM of that type. The specialized programming for the "Shelby" is only going to be available from them. And thanks to Fiat it may not be available anymore! Just like some parts for late model Magnums are already discontinued. Have you tried running the part # thru a local dealer to see if it's available?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm guessing the dealer is the only option for a PCM of that type. The specialized programming for the "Shelby" is only going to be available from them. And thanks to Fiat it may not be available anymore! Just like some parts for late model Magnums are already discontinued. Have you tried running the part # thru a local dealer to see if it's available?

Discontinued :(

·
Woober Goobers!
49,831 Posts
The Base ECM shouldn't matter. It's the programming. And the aftermarket "rebuilders" won't matter. All they're doing is making sure the inputs/outputs work maybe and mileage numbers. The real programming will come from Chrysler....just the way it is!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts