DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am following along online, and in disbelief that Dale Jr. is leaving DEI.
I have a sneaking suspicion that it is because Teresa didn't want to come off the majority ownership that Jr. wanted.

IMO, it is the beginning of the end of DEI.

I think this quote form Jr. sums it up...

My father's vision...if he was still here I think we would be in a different place right now.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yes indeed, you can kiss DEI goodbye. Junior IS DEI, nobody could really care less about Truex or Menard. You know Budweiser will follow him wherever he goes. He prefers Chevys, and wants to stay competitive.....so it makes only 2 logical choices in my opinion. RCR and Gibbs.

·
Registered
603 Posts
He also has his "own" race team that runs in the Busche series, they have been talking about him just going ahead and starting his own cup team now.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I think he'll probably wind up at Childress. Maybe in the #3 car.

I didn't think he would stay at DEI. He wants too much money and say in the organization and when you factor in he said he wanted 51% well that means Theresa would be giving up hundreads of millions of dollars and I just don't see that happening.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I don't know if he'd have liked running things anyway. It's hard enough just to do the driving part. Factor in all the other things he'd have to deal with on a daily basis and his driving would probably suffer.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
moparman said:
I think he'll probably wind up at Childress. Maybe in the #3 car.

I didn't think he would stay at DEI. He wants too much money and say in the organization and when you factor in he said he wanted 51% well that means Theresa would be giving up hundreads of millions of dollars and I just don't see that happening.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I don't know if he'd have liked running things anyway. It's hard enough just to do the driving part. Factor in all the other things he'd have to deal with on a daily basis and his driving would probably suffer.
bingo

thats exactly what happened, as reported by my local news station just a few minutes ago...

i loved Dale Earnhardt Sr., but I've lost my love for the sport after his death. If I do happen to see a race, however, I root for Dale Jr.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I don't think money was as big of an issue as some others do. I think he genuinely wanted to be part of a more competitive race team. DEI is run like a business and they've made very few strides to improve their on track performance. I think the 51% thing was his attempt to enact some changes in the company.

I'm thinking Joe Gibbs and Richard Childress have a 50% chance of landing him. Both have 3 car teams and could use one more driver to keep up with the Hendrick boys. Gibbs has JRs buddies Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin and obviously Childress has a black #3 car. In the end, everyone wins except DEI. 5 years and that company no longer exists.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
He is DEI for sure and most of the fans cheer for him at the races I have been to last year. More than anyone else.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Toyota should pick him up (They have the money). And replace Mr Worthless Napa. That cant even get into a race with the 55 car. The Chevy fans would be crying big time if that happen.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I heard one reporter refer to DEI as TEI. I totally agree. Sr's vision for the company is a thing of the past. Witch Theresa isn't going to give up sh*t for anyone. She's in control, and wants it to stay that way. Should rename the company Theresa Earnhardt, Inc.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Gibbs said they didn't want him since Bud is his sponsor. Gibbs said it doesn't fit into their 'family values team / business model'. Yet he keeps Tony Stewart. Go figure.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Who cares??????? As long as he gets a deal it's like it never happened.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
sneke_eyez said:
bingo

thats exactly what happened, as reported by my local news station just a few minutes ago...

i loved Dale Earnhardt Sr., but I've lost my love for the sport after his death. If I do happen to see a race, however, I root for Dale Jr.
Jr is to Dale, what Kyle is to Richard....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts