DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL HERE GOES AGAIN ONCE AGAIN I AM GETTING THE SAME COMPUTER CODE AS BEFORE. I LOOKED IT UP AND THE EXACT CODE DEFINITION IS A CODE 51** LEAN AIR/FUEL MIXTURE HAS BEEN INDICATED BY AN ABNORMAL CORRECTION FACTOR. SOME PEOPLE HAVE SAID THAT IT COULD BE AN O2 SENSOR BUT WOULDNT THAT SHOW UP AS AN O2 SENSOR CODE AND NOT TO LEAN AIR FUEL. CAN YOU GUYS COME UP WITH SOME IDEAS AND MAYBE I CAN FIGURE THIS OUT. I THOUGHT BOUT CHANGING THE FUEL FILTER WITH THE THOUGHTS THAT MAYBE ITS NOT GETTING THE NEEDED FUEL PRESSURE TO ALLOW THE PROPER FUEL TO AIR MIXTURE THIS IS THE ONLY CODE THAT I GET FROM THE ECM. I TRIED RESETTING THE COMPUTER TO NO AVAIL. THE CODE CAME RIGHT BACK SO IT IS SOMETHING THAT IS NOT JUST WHEN IT WARMS UP IT IS AT ALL TIMES. THE LAST TIME I RESET IT I STAYED OFF FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS BUT NOW IT IS BACK. I HAVE A SETTLEMENT OF MONEY COMING SO I MAY JUST TAKE IT TO THE DEALER EVENTUALLY AND GET THE COMPUTER FLASHED AND UPDATED. SO IF I DONT HAVE THE PROBLEM CURED BY THEN I'LL HAVE THEM LOOK AT IT BUT ID REALLY LIKE TO DO THE WORK MYSELF.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sounds like either a bad o2 sensor or an intake leak. blah blah by an abnormal correction factor means the PCM has tried all it can to compensate for the o2's reading, then it tried one more time and said well screw it I can't do it! Get a can of carb cleaner spray and with the engine running spray around the intake manifolds (upper and lower) A freaky change in the engine will tell you you got anb intake leak. Hope that helps some man!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i'm leaning towards an o2 sensor and seeing as how there is 3 of them its going to the dealer soon to have them hook it to the computer and see which sensor it is. pain in the ass but oh well life goes on. thanx tho i didnt think of the carb cleaner. done that before but didnt even think of it for this one. thanx

·
Registered
219 Posts
No sweat man, if you got over 60K on her, I'd personally replace the two front sensors. A.K.A 'upstream O2'. If only one is done it will most likely be more lively than the other one and that could create an imbalance, one side correct, the other side lazy. Good luck man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts