DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I though you guys might get a kick out of this one. I was chauffeuring my mother around in her good old 87 Bonneville with a 3.8 pushrod six under the hood a week or two ago when this black probably 04 WRX STI comes screaming by doing probably 75 in the 45 zone we were in. So I lucked out and I was next to him at a red light a few blocks later and I thought what the hell. So the instant that light turned green I mashed the gas on that 19 year old Pontiac, its tires chirped in the concrete and believe it or not since he wasn’t expecting it, I had him up to 55, which was about as fast as I wanted to go anyway. The unfortunate thing was that we got side by side at the next light controlled intersection a couple more blocks down. This time he was ready for it, and I’ll be damned if he didn’t chirp all four of the tires on that little Subaru when he redlined it and dumped the clutch. Sadly he was probably going 60 before I reached 30 that time (and the fool had to have been narrowing down on 100 before traffic made him slow down). The funniest thing was that my good ol mom said that she wished we had been driving the Intrepid so that we could have beaten the guy even when he tried. I didn’t burst her bubble and tell her that I probably couldn’t have beaten that damn little street legal rally car with the Intrepid even if I had a 100 shot of nitrous.

J

·
0 Posts
"Sleeper's mom has got it going on.. Sleeper's mom has got it going on..."

From what I hear.. Your mom is hot :)

.. But you know what, my mom is same way believe it or not.
She's crazier driver than I am..
She'll sit in passenger seat and scream at me, "cut him OFF! Cut that MOFO off!! GO!"
She's worse than some of my friends, telling me to run the red, no one's comin', go.
She'll roll the window down and flip people, yea! I'm serious.Z
Terminator, you just don't understand!

Now, my dad is different.
He's the type of guy that will give me the mean look and ask ask me "how fast were you going if you left your house at 6:30 and got here just now? How fast? ha?!"

·
Registered
750 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
You race on public streets with other ppl in the car, not to mention that it was your mom.....I dunno man ...you guys have no respect for other ppls lives ! :barf:

he went 55 thats hardly racing. hell in DFW you gotta do that jsut to survive. he jsut merely had an aggressive take off which im sure was to avoid a possible rear end collision from a drunk driver that wasnt about to stop behind him so he accellerated aggressivly to avoid an accident and whip lash for his dear sweet mother. or better yet he was late for church or to pass out food at the homeless shelter. :smileyb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
IntrepidCUB said:
he went 55 thats hardly racing. hell in DFW you gotta do that jsut to survive. he jsut merely had an aggressive take off which im sure was to avoid a possible rear end collision from a drunk driver that wasnt about to stop behind him so he accellerated aggressivly to avoid an accident and whip lash for his dear sweet mother. or better yet he was late for church or to pass out food at the homeless shelter. :smileyb:

Ahhh,well put from a fellow DFW'er.Driving the speed limit around here gets you INTO accidents,or just run off the road and into a field,if you're not on the highways of death in Dallas/Ft.Worth. :smilie_wo

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for backing me up guys…and um…for saying my mother is hot…but I wasn’t street racing, I was trying to throw some egg in the face of the driver of the WRX. After all I was driving my mothers silver Pontiac with Zoo Montana license plates and my mother in the passenger seat, and the car I was “racing” was a car that is ten times faster then the car I was in. I was just having a little fun catching the guy off guard, he was actually the one who was trying to take it to the next level, and trying to give his ego a boost by probably going twice the speed limit after he clearly beat the granny car. After all, like I said I was only going about 55 (since the Pontiac shifts from first to second at about 48 the shift pushed me up to 55) in a four lane 45 zone that had no cross streets at the section I was at and has shoulder on each side as wide as a lane and a center turning lane. Not to pat myself on the back, but I think I was showing some restraint there.

P.S. my mom is a kick too. She thought it was the funniest thing in the world when I beat him out the first time as well. And there have been countless times that she has been more “aggressive” to other drivers then I am.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Terminator has not heard the The Beach Boys song?( The little old lady from Pasadena) Driving a red 1964 Dodge Hemi Super stocker. Our how about the 72 year old lady from Florida that went into her local Ply dealer in 1970 and ordered a petty blue 426 hemi Superbird. The saleman at the dealer tried to talk her out of it. Here is her reply( if it is go enough for Richard Petty it is good enough for me). She had for a few months until her Ins agent saw her drag racing it at the local drag strip. They canceled her Ins. And the car was stored for many years until the family sold it when she passed away in here late 90's. It was in a few Mopar mag's about 10 years ago.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
Terminator has not heard the The Beach Boys song
I'm not old enough to listen to that music bud, but anyway my point was that I don't approve street racing especially whe you have other ppl. whose lives depend on your driving skills . Just a word of advice on how not to be guilty of something for the rest of your life. I know that it's easy to go well over 55 or whatever you were doing when the adrenaline is pumping and :gay: pride kicks in. I just don't like actions like that to be looked at as something that's cool to do ....too much too loose for a stupid moment of so-called "glory"
Anyhow I'm done with my rant and I apologize if I offended somebody when expressing the way I feel about street ricing !!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No harm done terminator. I think we were just confused about why you called it a street race. After all I was just catching the guy off guard, he’s the one who had bruised pride and really went overboard with the speeding. I didn’t specifically mention it, but at the second intersection we were at I didn’t even really try to beat him, I just let him go since I knew he wouldn’t be caught off guard twice.
Just for the record though, I know how easily street racing, or something as innocent as fooling around with someone who has a far superior car can get out of hand. I’ll admit that I’ve done some foolish things behind the wheel, but I’ve never done them with a passenger in the car, and have almost never done them on even mildly congested streets. I like to think that I’m a slightly above average driver, no Tiff from 5th gear but still above average, so I do my best to always be aware of the consequences and responsibilities driving involves.
Anyway like I said, you’ll have to try much harder then that to hurt my feelings. All you did was confuse me.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
I'm not old enough to listen to that music bud,
how old are you?
I'm 20,and I know that song.
That's kinda bullshit about insurance cancling the coverage, cause she was at the track racing it. me personaly I wouldn't have sold it.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Mr.Dodge said:
how old are you?
I'm 20,and I know that song.
That's kinda bullshit about insurance cancling the coverage, cause she was at the track racing it. me personaly I wouldn't have sold it.
Look at any car Ins. Some where in the fine print it says no racing the car. That means stock car, drag, or off road racing you name it. She did not sell it until 20 years later when she passed away. Then her family sold it. I agree i would never have sold it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hmm. Makes me want to look at my insurance closer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts