DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok peeps heres how it went down. I got myself a 99 lhs with the 3.5L v6, or in other words 250hp. Im at a red light on my way home and that scion box suv thing pulls up next to me. Damn is that thing ugly, anyway. Its got these 17 inch fake ass meijer wheels, shitty ass bass thats shaking his trunk and nothing else, and hes reving his engine like hes the ****. First off i could tell it was just a muffler and not a full cat back because the sound it made was so weak and minor. So i didnt do anything until the light turned green and i put the pedal to the medal and that scion was in my rearview the whole way down until we got to the next red light. I got off the line super quick, i mean he was seriously tryin to keep up. I had him by 5 cars easy. What made him think he was going to win anyway, those scions r pointless to sup up. Another one for the good guys. Yeeee hawww :gun:

·
Registered
589 Posts
lhsrider85 said:
Ok peeps heres how it went down. I got myself a 99 lhs with the 3.5L v6, or in other words 250hp. Im at a red light on my way home and that scion box suv thing pulls up next to me. Damn is that thing ugly, anyway. Its got these 17 inch fake ass meijer wheels, shitty ass bass thats shaking his trunk and nothing else, and hes reving his engine like hes the ****. First off i could tell it was just a muffler and not a full cat back because the sound it made was so weak and minor. So i didnt do anything until the light turned green and i put the pedal to the medal and that scion was in my rearview the whole way down until we got to the next red light. I got off the line super quick, i mean he was seriously tryin to keep up. I had him by 5 cars easy. What made him think he was going to win anyway, those scions r pointless to sup up. Another one for the good guys. Yeeee hawww :gun:

lol... alright, lets take this step by step, these Scions are built for show, and fuel effiecency, nothing else, so dont feel so big about beating beating on. take on a tC, and see if you can win, especially one with the motorsports package. Those "17 inch fake ass meijer wheels" are stock, and 100% real, guess what, that exhaust system, probably wasnt just a muffler, no matter the sound, since more then likely it came full cat back stock, along with an intake. they arent very quick, but, im gonna have to say, if he was trying, he wouldve kept up alot better then that

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Trytic said:
lol... alright, lets take this step by step, these Scions are built for show, and fuel effiecency, nothing else, so dont feel so big about beating beating on. take on a tC, and see if you can win, especially one with the motorsports package. Those "17 inch fake ass meijer wheels" are stock, and 100% real, guess what, that exhaust system, probably wasnt just a muffler, no matter the sound, since more then likely it came full cat back stock, along with an intake. they arent very quick, but, im gonna have to say, if he was trying, he wouldve kept up alot better then that
Built for show?? That boxy looking pile could compete with the Pontiac Aztec and Honda Element. It would be a very close call at the ugly awards show.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Oh Noezzz Scion xB 108HP... 0-60 in >10 Seconds.. Wow...

The xB does NOT come with 17" wheels, stock.
The XB does NOT come with an Intake, stock.
and finally.. the xB does NOT come with an exhaust.. stock.

and FYI, the tC isn't FAST either. Unless of course they have the TRD supercharger.. A couple thosand dollar option.

No SCION comes with those items plain jane from the dealer.

Those can all be dealer added TRD accessories.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Trytic said:
I dont know what planet your from but here on earth scions arent built for show. I see people try and sup them up and make them look bad ass but they just end up looking stupid as hell and if you think its built for show in a positive way then u got issues. If they are its for the uglyiest ass car award like that other guy said. Its a 1.5 liter 4 cylinder 103hp engine, ya i think a 250hp lhs can get 5 car lengths easy and you werent there were ya....didnt think so. And it wasnt a cat back because ive worked on exhaust systems for 5 years and plus i saw it after the race, duhhhhh. And any idiot can tell the difference between the sound on a catback vs. stock vs just a fartin muffler. An intake would have nothing to do with the sound of your exhaust, maybe minor subtleties but nothing huge. The tires are 15" stock, do some research, like i said he got some cheap tires and wheels at meijer or w/e and it looked like ****. I have every right to post a race i had just like everyone else and next time u make a post ill just put negative comments in urs, sound good? Oh and the tc sucks too, my friend owns one and i drove it myself(and it was stick), not fast believe me he raced a kia and it was side by side the whole time....enough said

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hmm exhuast systems for 5 years sinse he was 15 year old. why is it the 20 somethings always need to have the last word with the older guys :O)~

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Code2medic said:
Hmm exhuast systems for 5 years sinse he was 15 year old. why is it the 20 somethings always need to have the last word with the older guys :O)~

According to your profile, you are 28, doesn't that make you a 20 something?

So you are grouping yourself in that category as well. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
K-nash sure am including myself But I on the other hand am not coming on the boards claiming to know more on certain topics. instead of that ill pick at someones brain to learn about something i dont know which btw im absorbing alot from you guys when theres not fights going on :OP

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think everyone in this thread needs ten deep breaths, it seems a lot of getting worked up over nothing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Code2medic said:
How do you know how much i do know and dont know. Im not saying anything about you so why say something about me. Everybody has there own opinion. And the fact of the matter is that you "older guys" think you know everything just because your older and you dont give the younger guys enough credit. Then again i could care less cause unlike some people i dont see the person by there age.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
lhsrider,

Well theres the differance right there, at no time did i mention what you might know or didnt know nor was anything bad said about you hence the :O)~ its called having alittle fun to lighten the mood up in this thread. And hence the post after me with the smiley and then my response to him. But since you want to think i said something about you i guese i will point it out reread your post right above my first one and youll see your claiming to know more then another member when he just stated what he thought was the facts.

And as for my last comment and i qoute

"And the fact of the matter is that you "older guys" think you know everything just because your older and you dont give the younger guys enough credit"

Maybe instead of getting the last I know it ALL in there im right your wrong deal try to understand these OLD guys as you call some of us have far greater Experience with cars and actually have a career in it. And word to the wise more credit is given to you younger guys then you think and if im not mistaken Its a lot more then the OLDER guys recieved as kids. So instead of trying to one up another member talk about it without the hostility and try to learn more then you know now to be a better and more knowlegible person concerning that subject.
Enough said :nose:

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Code2medic said:
lhsrider,

Well theres the differance right there, at no time did i mention what you might know or didnt know nor was anything bad said about you hence the :O)~ its called having alittle fun to lighten the mood up in this thread. And hence the post after me with the smiley and then my response to him. But since you want to think i said something about you i guese i will point it out reread your post right above my first one and youll see your claiming to know more then another member when he just stated what he thought was the facts.

And as for my last comment and i qoute

"And the fact of the matter is that you "older guys" think you know everything just because your older and you dont give the younger guys enough credit"

Maybe instead of getting the last I know it ALL in there im right your wrong deal try to understand these OLD guys as you call some of us have far greater Experience with cars and actually have a career in it. And word to the wise more credit is given to you younger guys then you think and if im not mistaken Its a lot more then the OLDER guys recieved as kids. So instead of trying to one up another member talk about it without the hostility and try to learn more then you know now to be a better and more knowlegible person concerning that subject.
Enough said :nose:
Well said.

·
Registered
202 Posts
jedgxe said:
Built for show?? That boxy looking pile could compete with the Pontiac Aztec and Honda Element. It would be a very close call at the ugly awards show.

Ugly would look at that thing and say "damn,that thing is ugly"

·
Registered
347 Posts
The xB was so ugly "Toyota" threw out the car and sold ya the "box" !!:jester:

I love these I know more than You do threads, It's toooo funny . Besides I'm old
and Do know everything...just ask me!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I saw a souped up xB in the parking lot like that and it even had a sticker on the back window that said like "ah yeah all you see is my ass end because I just smoked you" or something like that. LOL

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
i saw one of those things down the street i look at the plate and i quote the plate
(itsabox) lol on the plate..hmmmm geee i thought i knew what that thing looked like.

·
Banned
439 Posts
lhsrider85 said:
ROFFLE!! you're funny man.... thanks for tellin' me how it went down, yo! you got yourself a 99lhs with the 3.5L v6, or in other words, a slow family sedan! congrats on beating an econobox!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.