DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my car must have been a dolt. There has always been millions of scratches from streaking wiper blades. Wherever a blade touches there is a contoured streak/scratch. I used Glass Polish and tried to fix it but it didn't do anything for me.

I called around to see if a professional could resurface it for me, but they won't. "I won't be happy with the results"

So I am eventually going to have to replace the windshield at $300+. This is frustrating.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Yeah I know that one. My wife's old sebring windsheild was like that. Looked like the original owner never replaced the wipers. Try using PlastX on it. I tried it on her windsheild and it lightened up the scratches a bit. If you do, try it first in a spot where it won't affect your vision, like lower passenger corner, so if it makes it worse, it won't bother you.

·
Registered
531 Posts
95Intrepisize said:
The previous owner of my car must have been a dolt. There has always been millions of scratches from streaking wiper blades. Wherever a blade touches there is a contoured streak/scratch. I used Glass Polish and tried to fix it but it didn't do anything for me.

I called around to see if a professional could resurface it for me, but they won't. "I won't be happy with the results"

So I am eventually going to have to replace the windshield at $300+. This is frustrating.
People are kinda dumb. They don't replace their wipers. Then they try to clean the dirty windshield without any juice in the washers. Then they absent-mindedly leave the wipers on long, long after they are just rubbing on a dry windshield. My '96 Intrepid also has these nice arc-ing areas of countless fine scratches from the first owner doing stuff like that. I agree it's frustrating.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Indiana Intrep said:
People are kinda dumb. They don't replace their wipers. Then they try to clean the dirty windshield without any juice in the washers. Then they absent-mindedly leave the wipers on long, long after they are just rubbing on a dry windshield. My '96 Intrepid also has these nice arc-ing areas of countless fine scratches from the first owner doing stuff like that. I agree it's frustrating.
Yeah its real fun at night, when the lights beam across the scratches and it looks like some **** out of Star Wars! Like making the jump to hyperspace where all the stars look like one long streak!

·
Registered
204 Posts
check around for cheaper windshield installs. Mine was just under 100 bucks for a new windshield installed and looks great, although when shorter people drive my car they get a headache hence the price!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I have some nice scratches too, one from the POS Anco blade which cracked in the winter, and the other there was a piece of thing that fell out of a tree that landed on top of the wiper blade and got smeared across, leaving a little gouge. Similar thing happened with something that got on my water blade too, but that one's minor...

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Might try some Aluminum Polish and an electric buffer... lil trick my dad showed me, it works on eyeglasses atleast so it may help get some of the scratches out of your windshield.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.