DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636. I bought it on Aug. 4 2006. I traded my old bike in for the new one. The dealership gave me a great deal for the trade in, and took a good amount off their list price of the new bike(being almost a year old machine, and everybody knew the ZX-6R was going to get redesigned for 2007). They also threw in a Jacket. I was hoping for a Helmet too, but couldn’t get them too.

There were 3 miles on the OD when i took it for a test drive. I didn’t even get 3 miles down the road and i knew i had to get this bike, it fit me perfectly, road so smooth it was awesome!!. Plenty of power(for now!!!). It was also bright Green, which was awesome!! i always wanted a green machine!! (they had the SE (special edition silver with red tribal flames which i wasn’t particular about and was $200 more)

Next i had to do is convince my mom, that i could afford this bike and that i WILL graduate in Dec from College. I finally convinced her, so we went and bought the machine!! When i picked her(the bike) up she had 24 miles on the OD.(which I put on during the test drive!!!)

In the first 5 days i put 752 miles!!! and didn’t go ANYWHERE. i stayed in the Fox Valley (just the surrounding cities back home)!!! which is crazy. They guys at the dealership, when i came in asked how the bike was riding, i replied with soo awesome, im here for the 600 mile check-up, with 752 miles on her. They laughed as if i was joking...lol but i wasn’t!!

I already need a new rear tire. She has 3768 miles(plus 50 miles or so that are not documented with a pic). Not bad for 2 months of riding, and being a new bike that i was not used too!!!!

4-10-07 : 4,897 miles
4-16-07: 6,078
9-10-07 12,122 miles
10-14-07 13,567

Here is the where i have driven on all the bikes in my motorcycling career.

Now this dosnt cover ever mile...but the "bigger trips" anyways. and as of 10-14-07

Now for the pictures of the
THE BRIGHT GREEN SEX MACHINE!!!
(the first one is my favorite pic of her, and i call it "Blending into its surroundings like a Good Ninja Does!)

What it currently looks like (the white paint is coming off so here is what it looks like either way

In SuperSport Touring Mode

Sorry about how dirty she is....
This one, bikes is on the rear stand i bought, Its an Anderson Stand, out of Australia - $225 shipped

This is whats cool about this rear stand, its on coasters so when the bike is up on the stand, the bike can be moved. Works really nice when you take the rear tire off!

Well here is the Tank Bag i bought, Its a Cortech SuperMini - magnetic, i just wanted a map compartment on top, so i wouldn't have to Stop all the time to figure out where i am! LOL - $60 shipped

Its the smallest one on the market, that still has the map pocket. Its big enough to fit an extra shield in it, which really kicks ass! Ohh and i am using it backwards, from how its suppose to be. Thats because of the half metal half plastic "gas" tank....the front half, is the air box.

This is my wrist rocker. This is what makes it possible to ride across the state, without any problem. It allows you to relax your fingers, and "lean" on this to hold the throttle. ITS A LIFE SAVER!!

Shot of the other side.

My New Boots...(the Ti tipped toes are already scuffed up some) Bought in Late Sept 2007. $240

The other things ive done so far is:
(1) New Front tire @ 10,250miles - $110
(2)New rear tire, Michelin Power Pilot @ 4447, 10,250miles - $160
(2)Kawi Full Synthetic motor oil 10w-40 @ 4880, 12,121 miles - $30ish

Future Mods

-Fender-Eliminator Kit (might make a one)
-It Exhaust i want is called a Ti Force,

There web page, go to the English, and find the 2005-6 ZX-6R
---or going to go with a Beet, The BEET!! LOL $2,000

-Euro Blinkers (front)
-Integrated Rear Blinkers
-Ohlins Steering Damper
-Green Rim Stripe
-Rear Seat Cowl
-Double Bubble Windscreen
-and a few others im sure ill do along the way
---and eventually it will become a track/race bike with full racing plastics and all the rest!!!!

Well thanks for reading!!!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
ya need to put an extended swingarm on that beast...put that on your list

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imadreadhead said:
ya need to put an extended swingarm on that beast...put that on your list
Why would i want to do that? it would hurt my handling characteristics(sp)!!! I :love: the Twisties!!!! and the Wheelies!!! :devil:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
yea but you said you wanted to make it a drag bike

plus it looks so good..

just a few inches

I live in myrtle beach and i hope you know we have Black Biker Week every year..and all i see is extended swing arm...they all call them "inches"

"I got 10 inches"

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the kind of Track/race bike i was talking about....I want to drag an elbow somday!!!

Even if this is what i am driving!!!! LMAO!! :smilie_au

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man!!

yeah the cool thing is there is track just down the road from me that you can watch full grown adults racing on those pocket bikes. But the GF thinks it cute(r) when the 3-6 year olds are out there on them!!! racing and dragging a knee!!! whats even more crazy is some of those pocketbikes can do 60-70mph pretty easy!!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Awwwwwwww......ain't that cute :)

Love those bikes dude.........I'd own one too if bike insurance wasn't so friggin expensive over here.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Avenger said:
Awwwwwwww......ain't that cute :)

Love those bikes dude.........I'd own one too if bike insurance wasn't so friggin expensive over here.

Get your eyes off his sister, I hear she doesn't date pole smokers that drive civics.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOUD98ES said:
Get your eyes off his sister, I hear she doesn't date pole smokers that drive civics.
expesially the civiv driving part!!! lol

Yeah those strips are very lean if you know what i mean!! no pun intened...well maybe it was LOL

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
smc1377 said:
Hey Dan. Your sis is pretty cute. . .for a cheesehead!

Glad you're enjoying the bike. Where are the vids?
video's of me riding? well im too busy riding to take videos...althought the next time i am home, i do plan on getting sombody to take pics of some wheelies!!!! ill post them up when i get them!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Sweet bike man. We really need to do a meet sometime. Going over to your area I can probably actually afford right now.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Give me a break

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
iggy said:
Sweet bike man. We really need to do a meet sometime. Going over to your area I can probably actually afford right now.
yeah man that would be fun!! Well have to get Frank involved too! and if we meet in the Menomonie Area, maybe some of the MN people would show....Or are you talking about in the Appleton area? maybe the Chicago guys will show, either way we have to do that!! (for i hate big city driving)

as for Avenger, why should we give you a break you bought a CIVIC!!!!! ohh by the way, there is no way a Civic is a mini-trep!!! LOL JK :smilie_lo :icon_bigg

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Danimal217 said:
as for Avenger, why should we give you a break you bought a CIVIC!!!!! ohh by the way, there is no way a Civic is a mini-trep!!! LOL JK :smilie_lo :icon_bigg
Agreed. No trep for sure, just a mini-girly cabover wannabe!

Nice bike btw, always loved the 636. Some call it a cheater motor, but IMO it's the only 600 with useable power on the street.

Just look at the R6's power curve for God's sake: 15 rwhp from 0 - 11,999,999 rpm, 110 hp from 12,000,000 to 12,000,001 rpm, and back to 15 hp after that!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts