DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been picturing it in my head for quite some time now...
and I think I would like to replace all my (mostly green) instrument lights with red ones.
I think I have heard of someone on here doing that to blue or something, but I am curious
about how difficult it is to remove such parts to get at the lights, which I was also wondering if they were just plain 'ol LEDs or what.

Anyone know? :)

-Dan :p

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i wanted to do that too but in purple or blue (like the new veedubs). this guy at O'riellys told me that the bulbs are cheap but on the factory bulbs there is some plastic piece you need that doesnt come off the bulb so you would have to go to a dealer for them :( :eek: ...i dont know if this is true or how much it would cost but if someone knows then i would like to know also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I kinda like the all green lights, reminds me a whole bunch of the '63 Merc I learned to drive in. BUT.... I was wondering if it was possible to get BRIGHTER bulbs, as there is a fair amount of time when the stock dash lights are too dim to light up the gauges for me, even cranked all the way.

·
Registered
587 Posts
do you wear your sunglasses at night too?
haha...just kidding!

It wouldnt be that hard to change the bulbs to blue, red, or just to brighten them up......red LED's are the easiest to find, and they also come in the brightest MCD levels as well.....blue is a little harder to find, but they exist.....I am going to change mine to blue in a bit.........theres a great post a few pages back in the forum, so I suggest you look there for advice and ideas, otherwise, you can ask me.... I believe it was BART that was giving most of the suggestions.....he is pretty good!

·
Registered
51 Posts
'COURSE!!!!! Gotta look cool!! (as if...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts