DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was browsing ebay, came across this seller. he claims to have several types of wood dash kits as well as brushed aluminum (warlord!) and carbon fiber.

link to seller

have a nice day

·
Registered
54 Posts
There are two types of aluminum dash kits. Brushed Aluminum (most common) and Real Brushed Aluminum. I would wait for the Real (it's actual metal) because you won't be happy with the other (probably why it's on ebay). I have some pieces of the Real Brushed installed. Some pieces were VERY hard to bend correctly however. I strongly suggest setting the pieces in place before hand and making sure they loose fit perfectly on all edges with more bending to make them fit. I didn't install all the pieces because it was too much. But I did mess up the shifter piece and want to redo that one (probably will place with epoxy).

I'll be posting some pics of my Trep soon (about time) with some of the other stuff I've done so far. Probably after this weekend.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i want an aluminum dash!
i've been wanting one!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I guess I know where I am getting one of my X-mas presents from! Chrome shifter will be ordered on Friday. Real aluminum! :cool:

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Originally posted by Intrepid99:
Just out of curiousity, how easily do these come out once applied. Say if for some reason down the road, I decided I don't like it anymore and want to take it out. Is this possible?

*Bump*

Also, SlvrBlt, do you have any pictures of your dash? I'd really like to see one before I decide. Thanks :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
They don't come out! I talked to Ron at Dr. Vinyl before I bought mine, which I really like, and he said that when there are in place and you try to take them out he has seen hunks of the dash literally tear away with it. So be sure you want it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts