DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i KNOW theres another post about this somewhere, but i dont have much time to go searching for it (finals are here!! im already going on 55 hours no sleep...feelin fine...)
anyhoo, was really interested in swapping lights in the instrument cluster so rather than shining green they shine red, like a pontiac. (or bmw) that would be ill bomb>.....ALSO!!! has anyone been successful in installing an aftermarket steering wheel on their treps (from any year)...alrighty, thanks yall a bunch in advance, sorry my eyes cant see straight enough to go hunting for that other post...

·
Registered
462 Posts
FOR ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO HAVE FOGS ON WITH JUST PARKING LIGHTS ONLY !!! HERE IS WHAT YOU DO JUMP THE THICK BLACK AND YELLOW WIRE WITH THE THE BOLUE WIRE AND TAPE IT OFF. THE ONLY AFTERMATH IS THAT YOU CAN NOT USE THE HEADLIGHT DELAY. THIS FUNCTION IS CANCELLED OUT CHEERS. TREPID 2XIST!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have an easier solution...
Get a Canadian CHRYSLER INTREPID RT and you'll be able to do the same. They're dirt cheap now, now that your $$$ is worth a bit more here. I do the parking light/fog light thing when feasible...early morning/late afternoon.

Looks good. No messin' with wires.
I AM CANADIAN!!!

Danny
Capitalcity RT
01 Black Chrysler RT
Current mods...winter floor mats
Future Mods...2004 LX HEMI
Current features...parking lites and fog lites on at the same time.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
As long as you know what you are doing with the air bag and dont get it to blow up in your face :p it should be easy to switch steering wheels, just make sure you have a steering wheel puller otherwise they are a b&*%$ to get off...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Remember that one purple trep w/ the supra spoiler and hydraulics that everyone hated? That guy had a aftermarket wheel on his trep. Don't know how but he did it.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
You mean the fugly purple trep in this pic?

i couldnt find a pic of his steering wheel though....was it one of those 8" diameter chain ones? :p :D ....it would fit nicely with the rest of the car :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I just noticed...is that a reflection on the windshield or is that a single wiper conversion? :confused:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
those rims on the second gen look like one of our local members here....... can't remember who it is though....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Originally posted by pimped3point3:
You mean the fugly purple trep in this pic?

yeah that's the one. there was a thread with his hompage link but that doesn't work. He also has a diff. shifter.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i think the 2nd gen on dubs is a 2.7 SE that belongs to bakerboy###. it's a decent looking ride.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by pimped3point3:
I just noticed...is that a reflection on the windshield or is that a single wiper conversion? :confused:
no need for wiper conversion, its the easyest yet stupidest mod you can do. Just take the drivers side wiper off, and angle the passenger side up higher, I did it to my car and took a pic for a laugh. http://www.blkbute.freeservers.com/suped.jpg

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
and another thing, when you do this, the wiper still clears the drivers side.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
can you do it to a first gen?....if so could you give me a little bit more "precise" instuctions on how to do it?...i wanna see what it looks like in person.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts