DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

As some of you may know i've been looking around for parts to do a little dash modification. I'm looking into putting in some aftermarket gauges in an undisclosed location (back off, idea stealers! :icon_lol: ). I currently have a (RICE ALERT) autotechnica S7 voltage gauge so i know when i need to let me car charge after listening to the radio when i'm washing the car or modding something. I ran down the battery before when i was washing the car and left the radio on too long. Basically my questions are as follows:

Is there any way I can have a gauge to "monitor" my subwoofer or amp statistics like wattage or what have you?

What other gauge would be a smart gauge to have? I have space in my undisclosed location for 1, possibly 2 more gauges. (edit: I believe the gauge size i am going for is around 2")

I appreciate any input. I know they are ricer parts but if i do it right it should blend nicely with the rest of the car.

Josiah

·
Registered
549 Posts
Is there any way I can have a gauge to "monitor" my subwoofer or amp statistics like wattage or what have you?
Buy a Cap. There like $50.00 for the good ones. Also If we don't know the ("UNDISCLOSED LOCATION") how can we help you on that? No Idea stealing here... Want to help.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here it is, the official un-undisclosing of the undisclosed location idea. I was playing around with my trims pieces around the cd player and shifter and decided that the ash tray and cigarette lighter assembly could be removed and in place I could make a custom gauge panel. Its surprisingly easy to see from the seat too. Can't say it would be perfect for driving, but how often do we care our voltage when the car is moving, right? I'm going to somehow take all that wiring off and either cut the entire tray off and make something to go in its place or work through it. I don't smoke and won't let anyone smoke in my car so thats not an issue. And if i need the cig lighter for a cell phone charger for example, i always have the center console outlet. I'd love more opinions. I don't think I want a cap at this time. I'm looking for something smaller and something that would look cool, give off light, or provide information. I don't think it would look cool with just 1 gauge there. I want more ideas!!!!!!! MORR MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thats a Hell of an Idea. But I need my Cig plug and ash tray :), That does sound good for ("Oil PSI Gauge, Temp Gauge, Votage Gauge.")

Also, Above the Cdplayer The trim,, That would be a good place for em tooo.. :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
by the way, if you hook up a narrowband oxygen sensor, I will fly to your house and kill you. (the ones that hook up to your oxygen sensor)

think about how quickly your oxygen sensor gets readings, sends them to the PCM, the PCM recalibrates fuel, fires injectors accordingly, and the 02 sensor is getting another reading (THOUSANDS of times each second).

If you look at the PID of an 02 sensor, you'll see a sine wave (rich, then lean...rich, then lean, constantly trying to correct towards the zero line). That's what that stupid little red/green LED gauge will be doing...bouncing back and forth thousands of times each second. the only noticeable thing will be when you punch the gas, it goes and stays full green for a few seconds.

If you want an air/fuel gauge, get a wideband 02 gauge, you know, something that actually displays a reading and allows you to tune off something. add a wet shot, and actually put the gauge to use!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
yea, all a narrow band 02 sensor does is jump from elan to rich every half a second while driving

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good ideas guys! Thanks for all the input! Is there anything I can get to monitor the temperature of the amp at all? I know it sounds complicated but there could possibly be something out there. I know once summer hits that trunk is gonna be an oven.

Thanks!
Josiah

1 - 12 of 12 Posts