DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stubled across this picture on the web. Do you this that he painted the stack dash or painted a dash kit. Either way, I like the look of it in comparison to the waffle dash.

dash picture

·
Registered
65 Posts
My guess that it is a custom molded one of a kind dash. If you look under the radio the dash is not shaped like that, that is what brings me to that conclusion. A little firberglass and some know how and anything is possible.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's a damn nice install in the trunk. I don't really like the red plastic look, but its really clean and well done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You could always e-mail the guy... The link on the page is pretty non-obvious, but apparently his e-mail address is [email protected]

That install is very clean, but I don't like the dash either. (Personally, I like having center a/c vents, but maybe that's just me.) The pic makes that dash look kind of uneven, but I don't think the picture does it justice, though, since the car finished 10th in the 2000 IASCA World Finals. You don't do that with uneven paint.

This picture tells me that this guy knows his fiberglass, though... (or perhaps he's got an injection molder in his shop)

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: whytcolr ]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hard to tell from the picture, but looks painted. The Rockford EQ sticks out a bit, so I don't think it was fiberglassed, probably just hacked up and painted. Quick easy, and as long as you don't mess up, it could look half way decent like his with little effort. I plan on doing something similiar with my future audio install, except it'd be in silver.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Probably looks better in person, but i agree its a bit tacky looking..

I would hate to have those AC vents gone, alltough the remaining vents must blow twice as much air now..

·
Registered
740 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, (and I rarely am ;)) that guy lives about 10 miles from me. I'll have to stop into The Stereo Shoppe and find out.

I REALLY like that spare tire cover he has in the trunk. Wonder where/how he got it. I'd be great if he is local, as I can get some great tips/recommendations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts