DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the dash swap this past Sunday and have a few issues that came up. Harnesses are out of a '01 M. Any suggestions to remedy any issues welcomed. I re-pulled the dash to look for kinked or shorted or missed connectors other then the one pictured below no connectors were missed. I will also be changing the lower dash harness just for giggles as the connector above the trans hump was a ***** to install. I may have damaged the connector or the pins in the socket of the servo.

1. Evic is on the fritz always showing -70* compass works tho as does all the other features available to my Trep.

2. No ATC tried 2 different atc heads and blower resistors got 2 codes 36 and 26 I think is the other 36 is no communication and 26 is the in car temp sensor bad. Fuse 17 IS good A/C worked great prior to swap.

3. Cruise control does not work. It worked prior to the swap when I go to turn it on no light on the dash no idea what fuse or relay goes to the CC.

4. spare wire hanging loose assuming it's radio related as it's out of that harness picture below. It's purple with yellow stripe and the connector has a red plug in the end. Any ideas what it's to?

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
IIRC, that's the data-bus connection from the radio to the BCM... allows the steering-wheel radio controls to work, etc.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kinda figured was related to the radio some how it's the only plug not plugged in both times the dash was installed finishing up the second attempt hope **** works this time it's hot with no damn a/c and hwy driving sucks w/o CC

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No ideas guys lol? can the bcm be the cause of the code 36? I changed the lower harness last nite as well as I pulled the dash again to make sure nothing was shorted out. also the no CC issue is irritating as well ny ideas on why the EVIC says -70*?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,448 Posts
What year car did that dash harness come out of?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
the bcm and the harness came from the same car which was an '01 M

P.S. my Trep is an '01 as well and you know 01's and there ****ed up wiring

·
Woober Goobers!
50,448 Posts
Sounds like you better get the wiring diagrams out along with a multimeter and start probing.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,448 Posts
Possible bad connection between the Junction Block and the BCM. Or a damaged connection under there.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
was >< to getting the junction block out of the same car this morning maybe I should have lol. I think I'll get one tomorrow along with another bcm just in case. Any ideas about the cruise Ronbo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts