DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I wonder if anyone has had this happen to them. On my way to work this morning, and my dash lights, instrumentation, environmental controls and stereo all lit up to the bright (daylight) setting, and then dimmed back down to the night setting and I didn't have my dial set to the the bright. And it did this pretty much randomly starting about half way through my morning commute. I'll have to see if it continues over my lunch hour. But if anyone else has had this happen to them and had it resolved I would like to know how it was. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem with my wifes 2000 R/T. She saw it and it took 2 weeks before it happened to me. She thought she was going crazy seeing things. Took it to the dealer and it wouldn't do it so they cant fix what they cant see. It stoped for a few months then came back for a few day and we havn't seen it in 3-4 months. Unless you go to the dealer while its happening they cant do anything so if it happens again drive right over to them which is tough since it only happens at night. If they find something let me know.

·
Registered
336 Posts
It's happened to me a few times too. I think sometimes if you have the dimmer switch as high as you can without it actually snapping into the next position it makes it flicker once in awhile. Probably just a crappy switch dodge is using or something.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My 98' has done the same thing a few times over the last two years, as well as turn the A\C on when I turn the heat on. Theres a service bulletin to address the A\C issue but the dash light still are a mystery.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I just got a computer flash that took care of some envromental system issue. And I usually keep my instrumentation a little dimmer than the brightest setting without setting it on the daylight setting, and that was the case this morning. Didn't happen over my lunch hour... I hope it's a one time thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there! New to the siteso i am just going to jump in here. I have a '00 Intrepid R/T that has this light flickering problem. It also has an occasional ticking coming from the radio. One dealer could not replicate of course, 2nd dealer just changed out the radio but my wife told me this evening that "it's back"... Almost acts like some sort of a ground problem but I have no clue where to start looking!! If anyone has any insight I would be grateful!

Thanks,
:confused:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
the problem you all are having with the lights is in the body controller . Sometimes reflashing it with new software will fix it ,other times the body controller needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Otto, I wonder if this is a result of me getting the flash for the envronmental system and they did it wrong? Becuase as far as I know this didn't start until then. Anyway, thanks for the info. :)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i saw this ONCE at night, all of a sudden everything flashed bright then dim again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts