DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi;

Has anyone had any experience changing the dashboard lights on an Intrepid (2000)?
the light behind my fuel gugae has burnt out, and so far I can live with it but if it's not too much of a job to get at, I'd like to fix it.

I have the feeling though that it's one of those "remove the dashboard" jobs which might be a ***** to do.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You dont have to remove the dash. You can just remove the instrument cluster. You may have to remove some trim of the dash (no biggie). This is how its in my M, I hope it should be the same on your intrepid.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello again;

piece of cake. Had them changed it about 1/2 hour. Pretty easy once you know how the dash panels and bezels come out.

Never could have done it though without the pictures and reference guides.

I am grateful for all your help....Kumiyer, L.T. and CDN RT.

Yay, I have dash lights again.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I didnt see them either, it is really easy to do though just follow the directions. There really isnt anything complicated about it I think. Just be carefull when you take the headlight switch out, I had to resod <sorry cant spell, mine because I dropped it...oops :)

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Yeah it looks a lot harder than it really is to change a dash bulb. I didn't think I wanted to get into it but had it done in about 1/2 hour. I didn't even disconnect the ebrake, I just let the bottom panel hang down.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Instrument cluster

I'm having the exact same problem. I need to replace the bulb.

I tried following the instructions in the service manual but right now I am seriously confused.

Pictures would be of great help. Does anyone by any chance have pictures of the instrument cluster removal process?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Pics of my gauge and wheel removal, 300m, I think this is when I did them both at the same time. :farmer:

I didn't take many pictures as the trim removal, headlight switch etc is pretty easy just took the pics to reference back to if I had an idea later 'up in there'. :drink:

·
Registered
439 Posts
on the first and third pic right underneath the cluster there is this screw going through a white piece of plastic. the screws look kinda deep. do thoses need to be removed in order to take out the cluster?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just R&R my fuel gauge bulb about 2 weeks ago, took all of 30 mins. Easy job actually. I used the online manual. I know some people were saying u needed to make up a tool to pull the cluster. All I did was gently grab both ends of the cluster and out it came.
Oddly though now my cruise light is out lol, figures. So I'll be taking it out again. Hmm quik thought while you have the cluster out check the other bulbs lol.
Later

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.