DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my daughters Aries wagon back together. Had a head gasket go out, and found a flaw in the head between the #1 and #2 cylinders. Little bit too much to mill out, so off to the wrecking yard.
Her Aries is an 87 with the 2.5 four. Found a later model head (93 Shadow I think). Had a clean up mill put on it, and got it on the car today.
For those of you that play with the 2.2 / 2.5s this is probably nothing new, but. The newer roller cam head, with slightly different chambers really made the little wagon come alive. Feels like a whole new car. Wouldn't do this on any old Aries, but this little wagon is in super condition.
Next on the list: My daughter took a teaching job in Arizona, and the Aries being an Oregon car has no A/C. Have found the parts to convert it over, but this looks like it's going to be fun. Really not bad, I've seen that the car was prewired for air, so not as bad as it could be.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Why not buy her an intrepid as replacement?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I miss my '88 5-speed Aries :(

·
Registered
753 Posts
My first New car was an '81 Reliant....it lost a fight (TKO) to a Caprice Taxi cab....

·
Registered
753 Posts
My sister also had a '80 Reliant with the 2.6 liter HEMI !!!!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
My family had an '81 Reliant, an '85 Reliant, and an '88 Aries.........not to mention an '87 Horizon!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I had an "84 Aries wagon with the 2.2L . Those things will run forever, but not really the safest car these days. Thin sheet metal, no air bags, etc.

·
Registered
124 Posts
As a member for several years, check out www.turbododge.com ... great site and resource for the 2.2 and 2.5 motors. I miss my reliant, and can't wait for the Daytona IROC R/T to roll out in another month or two!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts