DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will win tomarrow? A lot of guys who really havent done much recently are looking good this year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jarrett may have a chance, Stewart looks like the fave and all are counting Earnhart out so who knows. I will pick Jarrett.

Who do you think?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Between Stewart and Jerrett I pick Jerrett eventhough it looks like Stewart is one of the best at restrictor plate racing. Gordon and Johnson are always up there but this year I dont think it wil be one of the regulars. I guess Kyle Petty or Bobby Labonte. If not someone like that who hasnt won in a while.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jimmie Johnson!!!!! I really didnt think he could do it without his crew cheif. At least my boy JR had a pretty good race.

·
Registered
562 Posts
If mears wouldn't have been a dumbass Dodge could have had a 1-2

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I must be the only guy on the planet that just loves restrictor plate racing and bump drafting. I love seeing guys slingshot out of line and pull off a pass. Maybe thats why I like IROC too.

·
Registered
562 Posts
IROC is good group racing like that. Nascar is meant to be who has the biggest balls, motor, and guts to go to the front not who can push and slam who to the front. Bristol will always be my fav. track anyways.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good race and nice to see the Dodge cars being competitive. But what's up with the AllState commercials? They drop a sign on a 2G Intrepid and then blow out a few windows on some Chargers!

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Woohoo!! Atta boy Jimmie!!

Just my opinion, but Tony needs to sit out a race or two. Almost every incident that occurs in Nascar has Tony involved... And he's the one whining about drivers dying? Give me a break.... LOSER!! :twak:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I agree with you about Tony. But what about Knaus getting caught cheating again. Jimmie Johnson should have sat out the race. That team is getting caught way too much. Listening to Dave Despain last night and that subject came up and it was stated that all other forms of racing would have kept Johnson out of the race as well.

But then again, Home Depot and Lowe's are Nascar corporate sponsors so.....

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Chad is the one sitting out for the next week..possibly more, which is typical for Nascar...and has been for many years. The last incident with Chad and the car setup was VERY questionable, and the suspension was rescinded. Over the last couple years, there have been a few crew chiefs sitting out because of the car set-ups. The drivers aren't involved in that stuff...not much anyway...

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Why is it that only the crew chief is penalized when the car is found to be out of spec? I fell like the whole team should serve a one race suspension. If you think about it, teams are only caught every now and then which means that they are probably getting away with it far more often. Maybe some stiffer penalties will keep things even.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gazetowardthesky said:
Why is it that only the crew chief is penalized when the car is found to be out of spec? I fell like the whole team should serve a one race suspension. If you think about it, teams are only caught every now and then which means that they are probably getting away with it far more often. Maybe some stiffer penalties will keep things even.
I agree. I also think they should be more clear on what the pennalties are. Johnson was the one driving the car. He should be responsible for anything that is wrong. If he really is innocent then he should get another crew cheif.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Helton said before the race that "Agressive drivers would be penalized."

Then during the race the penalties varied from go to the tail end of the longest line and pass through the pits. I think regardless of the move that is made, agresssive driving penalties should all be the same and they should all be charged under the green flag. IE. A pass through the pits under green puts you a lap down while under yellow it only puts you to the back of the field....

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
CAZ97 said:
Johnson was the one driving the car. He should be responsible for anything that is wrong. If he really is innocent then he should get another crew cheif.
Jimmie doesn't do the car setup. That's what the crew chief and crew are resposnible for. He also doesn't need a new crew chief...he already has (arguably) the best crew chief in all of Nascar! :) Ok I'm biased... but oh well... Chad just needs to keep doing the great job that he's been doing over the last few years. :beerchug:

Nascar really does need to come to grips with the penalty issues. Too many questions and gray areas... Should drivers sit out because their crew chiefs screw up? Should crew chiefs sit out because the drivers are overly aggressive? Should the owners bear sole responsibility for the drivers and crew chief? Lots of questions could be raised. My only concern is the lack of consistency over the years for rules violations. Some are a "slap on the hand" penalty some are multiple race suspensions and $$ fines. In the current methods of winning in Nascar, it's a constant battle for ALL teams to find ways to work the rules in their advantage...Bend them with out breaking them...work around them without actually doing anything "wrong" as termed by the rules. It's a matter of "Letter of the Law" vs. "Spirit of the Law". It's getting to the point where the letter needs to be clarified and be more specific, with the penalties handed out in the same manner. There will always be that "gray" area that has to be dealt with though....

Until that happens....GO 48!!! :gross_07:

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think nascar should go to a more of a grass roots tech inspection. At the local dirt and asphalt tracks, you have the rules in black and white, you don't pass you don't race plain and simple!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I agrre, their penalties should be more consistent........ Tony Stewart blatiently crashes Matt Kenseth ........ if Kenseth had slid up a quarter of a second earlier, he would have gotten hit head-on at 190+mph..... read, dead!! stewart gets to the end of the longest line.... Kenseth "retaliates" by trying to nudge him a little coming out of the pits to say "what the **** is your problem?" he gets forced to do a pit road run under green.......... what the ****?!?!? afte that blatient crash, stewart should have been pulled from the race, but oh well, nascar will let stewart get away with anything, he helps their ratings by crashing everyone and having a whiny-bitching ass temper....... sad, they care more about the money and ratings than the sportmanship and safety of the drivers

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Sk8-4ever said:
I think nascar should go to a more of a grass roots tech inspection. At the local dirt and asphalt tracks, you have the rules in black and white, you don't pass you don't race plain and simple!
They already do that. Nascar, however, also has "Post Race" inspections. That's where most of the cars fail and get penalized.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts