DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,133 Posts
What are those "Thingies" between the tiles? Are they some type of spacers to keep the distance between tiles while the adhesive sets?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks guys, got the floor in today.

I'll get it cleaned up once everything dries and snap a pic.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
What are those "Thingies" between the tiles? Are they some type of spacers to keep the distance between tiles while the adhesive sets?
You are correct, they are tile spacers used to keep the grout lines straight while the adhesive sets. They call em tombstones.

·
Registered
14,994 Posts
So Dan - grout goes on any single flat surface. Silicon goes on any transition line from one plane to another.

The silicon will go vertical on the back tiles at the corners, tub to tile wall tiles, then from the roof to the tiles, from the floor to the tub, etc.

If two planes create a 90° - silicon; otherwise, grout.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So Dan - grout goes on any single flat surface. Silicon goes on any transition line from one plane to another.

The silicon will go vertical on the back tiles at the corners, tub to tile wall tiles, then from the roof to the tiles, from the floor to the tub, etc.

If two planes create a 90° - silicon; otherwise, grout.
Got it; luckily they had some that matches the grout color.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Floor and wall tile DONE! Laid down the grout today. Not really hard, didnt take long, but messy. (thats what she said)

Next is caulk, paint, baseboard; new fart fan, tub/shower door, then fixtures. Made sure to hit the walls with Killz filler/primer. Makes them look like brand new drywall;

Going with pre-finished PVC baseboard. No nails, no paint, will never have to worry about it looking nasty or rotting out.

Hoping to have it all done by the 15th so I can dive into bathroom #2;

·
Registered
14,994 Posts
Well done - looks good.

Where's the internal shower beer holder at?

Reactions: Railoffroader2

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Light at the end of the tunnel. As of today, you can shower, wash your hands etc, but you cannot yet poop; that is coming soon; only small stuff left; got the shower doors done, shelves, vanity, and fart fan; had to stop due to needing another parts run;

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,693 Posts
Nice work Dan!

·
Registered
373 Posts
looks great. just get the shitter in place and it'll be useable again.
maybe when i retire i'll work my rough in in the basement.:)(y)

·
Premium Member
16,761 Posts
Good work!

So you can fart but can't poop. What kind of deal is that. Sounds like subject for a rant from Vic! :)

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The shitter is hopefully going in Tuesday. Have to do some "mods" to the closet flange due to the flooring being higher than before.

Other than that its the mirror, some paint and caulk touch up, towel racks and baseboard, and its done.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,133 Posts
Wow! Great job Dan!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,133 Posts
Are those little triangular shelves glued to the tile? How are they supported?

·
Registered
373 Posts
The shitter is hopefully going in Tuesday. Have to do some "mods" to the closet flange due to the flooring being higher than before.

Other than that its the mirror, some paint and caulk touch up, towel racks and baseboard, and its done.
i've doubled up more than 1 wax seal in my life.
never had a leak.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
i've doubled up more than 1 wax seal in my life.
never had a leak.
Using a 1/2" closet flange spacer. Plastic weld that ***** to the original. Will be fine. Floor is about 1/4" higher than the old flange, so that will get me the 1/4" standard above the finished floor that code wants. Wax will do the rest.

·
Registered
14,994 Posts
And it is not the Sex Wax that you use for a surfboard.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Nasty wax! Not the good kind of nasty!

·
Registered
373 Posts
stays on your fingers for days it seems if you touch it. and no cleaners seem to work either.😀

21 - 40 of 41 Posts