DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is some talk around the tech center that DC is reconsidering its NASCAR program. They are looking at adittional cost cutting and are looking to see if they get any sales increase from NASCAR racing. They may be cutting some or all of any new factory sponsership deals. Some are saying that they would like to take this money and use it for the F1 program.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would have to say I love Nascar and it would be wise for Chrysler to keep doing what they are doing.
Donnie

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
None of the auto-makers get a sales boost from NASCAR racing. It's not "win on Sunday sell on Monday anymore".

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dakotaquadsport said:
None of the auto-makers get a sales boost from NASCAR racing. It's not "win on Sunday sell on Monday anymore".

G.M. is the only company that seems to follow up on Nascar spending with product and image in its car line. I don't see any Kirt Bush edition cars or Neuman edition(Whats the name of that car Dodge is running in NASCAR??).

·
Registered
46 Posts
2005 being close upon us, and most, if not all, of the Dodge supported teams being signed through 2005(if memory serves me), then it seems only natural that these types of rumors and speculation would be circulating now.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if, based on poor results (like those of the 2004 season) that Dodge decides to terminate factory support for the least productive Dodge teams for 2006...

Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I had posted an editorial awhile back from Autoextremist (Peter Delorenzo) who stated that it wasn't just Dodge, but all of the big 3 potentially looking at getting out of Nascar.

Win on Sunday, sell on Monday died along time ago.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
There's actually more than just the Nextel cup that Chrysler sponsors:

Busch Series
Weekly Racing Series (http://www.weeklyracingseries.com/)
NHRA
Monter Trucks
USAC Open Wheel
Craftsman Truck Series

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dakotaquadsport said:
There's actually more than just the Nextel cup that Chrysler sponsors:

Busch Series
Weekly Racing Series (http://www.weeklyracingseries.com/)
NHRA
Monter Trucks
USAC Open Wheel
Craftsman Truck Series
Yes, but I bet the largest chunk goes to NASCAR. The other thing is some of the NASCAR money is from the UAW and the dealers.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
heres a question for you guys though its not exactly on topic...

with the Sprint/Nextel partnership in the works, what are the odds that the Nextel Cup Series will change names again next year?

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
heres a question for you guys though its not exactly on topic...

with the Sprint/Nextel partnership in the works, what are the odds that the Nextel Cup Series will change names again next year?
I was wondering the same thing. Sprint ended it's major sponsorship with Nascar
and their teams a couple of years back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts