DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
No more so than Canada selling everything and anything to anyone with the cash.

Or did you forget that Canadian Citizens sold the Avro Arrow plans to the USSR for what became the Mig-25?

Get a life.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[QUOTE='98-ESer]No more so than Canada selling everything and anything to anyone with the cash.

Or did you forget that Canadian Citizens sold the Avro Arrow plans to the USSR for what became the Mig-25?

Get a life.[/QUOTE]

The Avro Arrow was nothing lile a Mig 25. The Mig 25 was a much more modern design than the Arrow. What are you smoking?

Why would the Russians buy plans that their spy network already had?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
What the hell you guys doing talking about the Arrow anyways? It was scrapped because the US president told the Canadian prime minister to get rid of it (and the idiot listened).

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
adaptabl said:
China may build cars for Chrysler

DC may give them the technology and trainning needed to dominate the U.S. market in a few years. Seems short sighted to me.
China is following Japan almost step for step but 40 years behind them - I don't see the problem.

I doubt many of those cars will sell in the US anyway ...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Avenger said:
What the hell you guys doing talking about the Arrow anyways? It was scrapped because the US president told the Canadian prime minister to get rid of it (and the idiot listened).
Glad someone picked that up :fun_08:

The technology AND the engineers ended up in the US and that's why YOU have air superiority.

Mig-25... lol :laughing:

'98-ESer, you would be absolutely dumb founded if you knew how much 'US' technology was developed in Canada. I spent 8 years in aerospace/defence doing R&D and production engineering before coming to automotive. As I type this I'm sitting only about 3 miles north of where the Arrow was developed and tested. Up until just recently the wings and wing systems for your fighter planes were built only about 2 miles south of me.

With the exception of Gerald Bull, we are not in the habit of sharing our technology with 'un-friendlies'. :brow2:

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
CDN R/T said:
With the exception of Gerald Bull, we are not in the habit of sharing our technology with 'un-friendlies'. :brow2:
Even assuming that kind of wild-assed thinking (no, I don't believe it either!) I'm sure the US could have outbid Russia. And that may be the "real" story behind the Arrow - we may have simply bought out the design. ;) The World may never know ...

·
Registered
510 Posts
adaptabl said:
DC may give them the technology and trainning needed to dominate the U.S. market in a few years. Seems short sighted to me.
Seems a little short sighted to me too, but if you can't beat them join them. Maybe Chrysler hopes when the sleeping giant wakes up in the auto industry they are right there beside them.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
SILVER BULLET said:
If China isn't our friend, why do they buy hundreds of billions worth of our debt? Also, why would we allow ourselves to be indebted to them? After all, if they are really hostile, they could cause big trouble . . .
Our dollars are available for sale on the open market just like any other commodity.

The only way to stop anybody from buying them is to take them off the market ... :eek:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
All of the big 3 have vehicles built in China. The Japanese are looking to do the same. Nothing new there. The biggest problem with it is like GM - they put up the money to build a factory to build cars which were embraced heartily by the Chinese public. Then within a couple of years the Chinese started building and selling the same car under another name for about half the price. I think they also have a version of the Jeep Cherokee (Jeeps have been built in China for quite some time). Go figure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.