DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to make my sig thread over again. Clean it up a bit so to speak. :eek6:

I am Fernando AKA DCB, or DCell.

I've had more help than I could've ever asked for thanks to the people on this site. I've learned so many new little tricks for working on cars.

I don't consider my car modded so much as I see it as upgraded. Most of what has been done to her was adding better parts from other cars to make my ride a bit nicer for me.

I did win Sept IOM way back before it became CTOM;

I'll start with a list and then show off the photos.

Black Diamond Headlights
Black out Tail lights
Full ATC conversion
Infinity speakers all aroudn
4 Disc changer
1998 Intrepid bezel with "pockets"
flowmaster 80 series
Cheap mirror turn signal L.E.D.s
Blue cluster and dirrections
Blue digital diplays
Spoiler
Chrome shifter overlay
Chrome cluster overly
Chrome door handles and switches
Fog light reflector removed
Small sound system
Full Otis install
Auto dimming mirror
lighted sun visors
Blue LED's in the overhead and door lights
Door lights from a Concorde
GoodYear Tripletred tires
Motorsports edition rims
Avital 4000 remote starter
Light in the center console

I've owned this car for almost 4 years, I bought her with 49,000 miles. I now have 150,000 miles on her. Thankfully only 4 things have failed. Bother front ball joint control arms... Just the rubber bushings worn. The front left and rear right door lock actuators. Nothing major and all easy and cheap fixes.

Now on the the photos;

What I used to do for work;

What I do now;

Oh yeah my first intrepid :)

What I started with;

When I got my "new" bezel I figured it would be a good time to get the auto headlight switch;

The new rims;

I like the black on silver look;

But of course I didn't stop with just the lights;

mmmmm chrome;

Interior lights

Ah what did I do before I got the GPS?

The Mobil 1 oil cap is nice, but I like mine;

Now for the fun stuff. The blue lit gages and displays;

My OTIS install;

Now for my favorite upgrade... The ATC;

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Your car looks great! I have always loved your quote in your sig
I can fix a $283.1 million dollar B-1 Bomber, but I'm not allowed to "fix" the work truck! :usa:
The blue gauges look great as well. Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Looking good as usual Fernando! How hard was it to install the cheap LED signals. I was thinking about doing that mod.

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that quote still holds true. Damn Chevy and their Warranties :)

As for the LED turn singles they were real easy. I just needed to add a bit more wire than what came with them, but adding them to the system was easy. All you need is the schematic for the directionals and your golden.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Still looking good! Those black Diamonds look sweet on Silver Treps.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah sitting by the engines at full Aug was always fun.

Thanks for all the compliments. Yup, the BD's look so great with my blacked out "cross hairs"

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Definitely some nice upgrades you got on that machine, looks really good :)

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
omg, the factory cluster is not LED lighted. crap
um? hmm... Well you are in Dallas. so your pretty close to me lol. Not sure if you were being serious, so I'll "answer" that. The cluster lights are a yellowish regular bulb.

Thanks again everyone. I know I've been hit or miss on the site lately. I've been in Texas for school since July. I will be back in Mass by Christmas. I should be staying in the area for "good" this time.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL when you get back, we need to get together! maybe a mini meet! Although Ill be Mless
awe what? hmm... You know me I'm always up for a mini meet.. It's the schedule I keep that messes me up :infinity:
But this time I'll have loads of free time to meet up with everyone!!

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
As for the LED turn singles they were real easy. I just needed to add a bit more wire than what came with them, but adding them to the system was easy. All you need is the schematic for the directionals and your golden.
Did you have to drill a hole in the mirrors to route the wires and how did you route the wires? Did you pretty much use the how-to for the 300M signal mirrors to help with this mod.?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you have to drill a hole in the mirrors to route the wires and how did you route the wires? Did you pretty much use the how-to for the 300M signal mirrors to help with this mod.?

Ah yes good call. I did have to drill a small 1/4th inch hole for the wires, but you can seal that up once the wires are run threw. I did a quick job on it and wish I spent more time routing my wires better.

I took the wiring diagram from the service manual and spliced in the poss and neg wires right above the steering wheel. I routed all the wires under the dash. I pretty much just went at it without any help or how to's. I just knew once I found where the directional get their power I would be good to splice in there.

As for mini meets. I should be graduating her in on Dec 20th. I'll be back in M.A. for Christmas. As long as I don't run into any major snow storms :let_it_al

I don't have a "job" lined up so I'm pretty much free until my Reserve weekends. But I will be job hunting.. need to keep making the green.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts