DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I hate to say it, but I find debadging I truly ricer thing to do, and it bugs me. I hope you had a decent reason.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
A LOT of people have at least debadged their doors, and been happy with the results. The doors look smoother.

I wouldn't debadge my trunk (unless I had the Dodge, Intrepid AND model on the back)

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I debadged both my doors and the ram emblem off the hood, I am VERY happy with the uncluttered look now and would never put them back on

how is debadging ricer? they usually decal the car up with huge car company logos and emblems, not remove them

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Benis said:
I hate to say it, but I find debadging I truly ricer thing to do, and it bugs me. I hope you had a decent reason.
Heh, I am fully debadged, and find that your opinion is quite the opposite. Having big tacky flashy badging that is free advertising for your car company (when your already paying out of your ass for hte car anyways) with cheap plastic or rubber badges is just that, tacky.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Decals is one thing. I guess it's a bit different. But what most ricers do is debadge the car, then they rebadge with a bunch of poop. Still, because it seems to be ricers that do it the most (Like I said to replace it with something else) I think ricer when I hear it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I removed the 'Dodge' and the 'SXT' from my trunk, leaving only the 'Intrepid' on the trunk and the 'Ram ead' on the hood. I am still debating on a total debadge.

Debadged=Ricer????? I dont get it?!?!
BEFORE

AFTER

*Sorry about the sh*tty pics...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Speaking of free advertising, the people that I just don't understand are the people that drive around with the DEALER sticker on their car. I mean, it takes 15 seconds to bend over and peel the thing off and it cleans up the look of the car. Instead, these people are a driving advertisement for a dealership that has probably ripped them off on repairs. I just don't get it. At all.

I guess you just have to be a "car" person to care....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sdwndr said:
Speaking of free advertising, the people that I just don't understand are the people that drive around with the DEALER sticker on their car. I mean, it takes 15 seconds to bend over and peel the thing off and it cleans up the look of the car. Instead, these people are a driving advertisement for a dealership that has probably ripped them off on repairs. I just don't get it. At all.

I guess you just have to be a "car" person to care....
No kidding! I peeled mine off the trunk before we left the dealership...No freakin' way was I going to drive around with a big ugly "Huffines Dodge" decal!

·
Registered
165 Posts
aquick question about debadging..
how do i debadge the RAM emblem on the front of my first gen... cleanly though.. i want to put on a new emblem

·
Registered
158 Posts
I pried the emblem itself off, which left this black adhesive that I spent a while peeling off with my fingernails and some WD-40. It takes some patience, but using a hot blow dryer helps.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I still have the dealer emblem on. I do want to take it off but I'm debating because I get free carwashes from them forever if i leave it on the car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
im debadged on the hood and doors. it was a painstaking decision but it turned out to look great. i relocated the door badges to the hood and trunk jamb and the hood ram to the dash board. pics are on my cardomain site. i highly recommend debadging.

·
Registered
117 Posts
sorry, just realized my link isnt working. try this.... members.cardomain.com/tjhess74

·
Registered
117 Posts
oh yea, the dealer sticker came off first. im not advertising for anyone unless they give me a free car!

·
Registered
165 Posts
are there any intsructions, like the proper way to do it so it doenst mess up the paint? like heating it, and using floss? or just whatever?
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I still have the dealer emblem on. I do want to take it off but I'm debating because I get free carwashes from them forever if i leave it on the car.
I used to get frre car washes when I had my Honda. Everytime I'd bring it in I'd put the license plate frame with the dealer logo on and as soon as I got home I'd take the frame back off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts