DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if there was any way to de-magnitize a TV... i've seen them do it at best buy once on my brothers new tv that wouldn't work right, but i'm pretty sure i dont have one of the things they used to do it :)

I must have left on of my speakers sitting too close too it because it looks screwed up along the left side. It got a slightly better when i moved the speaker away, but you can still see it....

also, why dont tv's automatically de-gauze (or whatever its called) like a monitor does when it turns on?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I read the link that Snowball posted, and the advice there is good. The first thing you should try, (and possibly already did), is to unplug the television, wait a few minutes, plug it back in, wait 30 seconds and turn the set on. Many of the larger screen televisions have additional circuitry for demag when the set is re-powered.

If you do need to degauss the set, and don't want to spend some pretty big bucks buying a degaussing ring, ask a local TV repair place to "rent" you their coil for a few hours. Follow directions posted in the link above, and remember, nice and slow is the way to go. Also do not shut the coil off until it is 5 to 6 feet away from the set.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can also use one of those big gun type soldering guns,I've used that meothod quite a few times and it seems to work great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts