DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, went out to my car today and my battery was dead. It's less than a year old, and the positive post was pretty corroded. So I cleaned it off and tried again, still no juice, just enough to dimmly light the underhood light, nothing else. What could be a possible reason it drained? It's been running perfectly fine, no problems. What are the signs of a dying alternator, besides the whining noise?

I had my gauges hooked up on the same line as my bottle heater and nitrous (constant from the battery) and a small red led light was always lit on the air/fuel one with the car off, I just never hooked it up to the ignition cause I figured it couldnt pull enough to drain the battery since I drive it everyday. It had been hooked up like that for about 4 months now. And the led was still lit before I tried to start my car.

Could there be a short somewhere, could my amp somehow do it if something went wrong with it? I just drove the car last night and all the electronics were fine. Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got a new battery, the other wouldnt hold a charge, oh well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts