DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I brought my car in for a recall (seat recliner bolt), but I also walked in with a list of other recalls that my car possibly needs for it. The dealer I worked with was actually excited that I spent the time to research the problems with my car, etc etc. He's never heard of DI.net, but he said he'd check it out.

He was telling me how they used to be a real pain the ass a few years ago, but now the dealers really like them, because it means that they don't have to research the particular problems and stuff like that, and also how it gives people a good reference for what they need done and how to fix problems on their own.

I was just suprised cause from what i've heard, most dealers hate online forums, but this one seems to really like the idea. Anyone else notice this??

-Adam

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I told my dealer about this site. His facial expression basically said: "I don't care". So I left it at that.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I know, I know, "use the search function" too much reading for me so I will ask on this thread......besides the seat bolt recall, what other 'hidden' recalls are there for the 2nd gen? Are they things that could be a really good thing for the car? Anything that could relate to jerky shift points..meaning, when it shifts, it sorta kicks.... thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
silver&gold try a search on "tranny bump shift". It's a known feature of the transmission.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
THERE IS NO PAPERJAM!!!

Anyway, cool to see a little support from the dealer, skyst3lth.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
silver&gold said:
Anything that could relate to jerky shift points..meaning, when it shifts, it sorta kicks....
Transmission input senor or output sensor. Mine used to do it, got the input sensor replaced for 'limp mode". My tranny hasn't "bumped" since. :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I thought it was appropriate, because I relate to him so much at my job right now. Thank god I leave Friday

-Adam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts