DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How To Deal with ABS and Trac lights on Autostick Cluster Swap

This is the way to get rid of your ABS and Trac Lights when you swap clusters. It may work for Air Bag lights on 300 clusters, but I can't confirm that. It is pretty much telling the cluster that it is brand new, and it will only respond to what modules are actually in your car. Obviously these are instructions for a DRBIII scan tool, but you may need to print them off and tell the dealer they can do it, because they probably never do. I know this works as I had it performed on my cluster from a 2000 Intrepid that had ABS and Brake lights on that I put in my 98. Labour time should only be around 10-15 min.

note: Step 6 or 7 (can't remember which) takes a while due to the DRBIII determining what Controller you have, it was 1-2 min in my case, just so you don't think it's hung up or something. Follow all on screen instructions when prompted.

1. Connect the DRBIII to the vehicle diagnostic connector, using cable CH7000.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ON position (engine off).
3. From the DRBIII Main Menu, select # 1 - DRBIII Standalone
4. Select # 1 - 1998 - 2005 Diagnostics
5. Select # 1 - All
6. Select # 3 - Body Interior
7. Select # 2 - Electro/Mech Cluster (MIC)
8. Select # 9 - Misc.
9. Select # 1 - New Instrument Cluster
10. Erase fault codes using the DRBIII. (I had "no ABS module" fault of course....)
11. Disconnect the DRBIII from the vehicle.

Enjoy no lights!

Reactions: hardwareguy

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Updated Instructions - Confirmed that this works.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
thats great, but how many of us have a DRB laying around

not tryin to rain on your parade/piss in your cherios etc, but you know what i mean :p

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
A sympathetic dealer should have no problem doing it - for the door rate.

Thanks for tracking this down.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Hmm now to try to find a dealer that will do it for me.

So is it confirmed that this really will work for hte 300M cluster (I just need it to stop looking for an abs module)?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
WOW! I think my dealer would do this....

I never thought it was that easy... This is just TOO cool. :D

PS: You have rep....

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Had the above procedure performed on the 300M special cluster today and my trep is all happy now, no ABS/Brake lights. Thanks again to Adam for his brilliant research.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Is the DRB tool they scan your car with for free at Auto Zone the same tool that is mentioned to do this procedure?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
dafella said:
Is the DRB tool they scan your car with for free at Auto Zone the same tool that is mentioned to do this procedure?
No, that's an OBDII code reader. You need the proprietary chrysler DRBIII.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Unreal said:
Had the above procedure performed on the 300M special cluster today and my trep is all happy now, no ABS/Brake lights. Thanks again to Adam for his brilliant research.
How much?

--Gorm

·
Registered
52 Posts
Price for DRBIII

Did a quick search on internet found miller specialty tools sell a complete DRBIII system with a necessary cables and leads for the bargain price of....
$6053.75 I know we will all be lining up to get one to help with all our mods.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Official DI.net scanner

Yeah but who would want to be responsible for getting it all around the country for everyone to use it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts