DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordered the "dodge" badges for my 97 trep and im gonna need instructions on how to take off the "24 valve 3.5L" one, also i want to put those original badges somewhere else on/in the car, any ideas????:confused:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Pretty easy to take the badges off.

First heat up the old badge with a hairdryer until it's nice and warm (this loosens the glue/tape on the back)

Then, take some fishing line and work your way behind the badge slowly working your way down until it's off. The use some Goof-Up or tar remover to take the excess tape off the body of the car.

Then wax the area.

If you do it this way, you don't destroy your old badge and it's easier then picking at it with your fingernail. :wink:

Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That is also a good way to take off the vinyl decals the place you buy the car from puts on it. That way you aren't a moving ad.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I used a plastic knife and some bug and tarremover and it worked great. I pryed off the 3.5 24 VALVE decal with the knife and then soaked the area with a mixture of goo-gone and the bug and tar remover. But it didn't let the mix dry. After the area was free of the adhesive I used and abrasive wax and waxed the area a couple times, it was that easy. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts