DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got brave enough to debadge the trunk. It came out really good. Looks nice and clean now.

Note: The fishing line trick works great, and it saves your old badging in case you want to use it again later on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cool! I did mine a while ago, and I think it really adds to the "mystery" of the car :)

Muhahahaha

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I just got mine from the body shop yesterday and they forgot to put all the badging back on! At first I was very upset....but then I started looking at it and falling in love with sleek and sporty look of it. The only thing they didnt remove was the hoods ram. Any idea how I can get it off?????

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure, all you have to do is preheat it with a hair dryer so the tape becomes soft. Then take some fishing line and work it behind the badge. Pull it through and "voila". Your'e all done.

Then just get the remaining tape off and wax the area to clean it up.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I also have the badging off the trunk and hood. people are always asking me what kind of car it is.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Wella wella - I also think it looks nice. I have one of three Intrepids on the "rock" and the only R/T so I'm always being asked what it is .... duh! It says Dodge and Intrepid R/T! I added a couple of badges to try and get 'em to not ask .. plus there is that look I get when a ricer or Ford or whatever pulls along side.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
hmm, it looks alright, but that damn truck lock is there, if that were shaved it would look amazing. if I got a nice sub I would shave the lock off, it would confuse the theves.
:D

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: blkbute ]

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, it does stick out a little. But in person it looks really good. Maybe one day I'll shave the trunk lock.

To tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever used it in the 3 years I've had the car. :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I know I never use it, thats why I also want to do the rear door handles on the front doors. I think that would look amazing. as well as shaving the antena. headlight covers for head/fog lights, make those taillights like Pimp point but use lotts of tail light tint on the circles. I would have one nice black car after that. Then nice Chrome wheels. I could go on forever what I want done. :D :D

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Originally posted by INTREPER:
I just got mine from the body shop yesterday and they forgot to put all the badging back on! At first I was very upset....but then I started looking at it and falling in love with sleek and sporty look of it. The only thing they didnt remove was the hoods ram. Any idea how I can get it off?????
or just wait a couple of months and it'll fall off............ :cool:

·
Registered
493 Posts
When I see a car de-badged the first thing I think of is that the car had body work done and they were to lazy to finish the job.

I think by leaving the Intrepid on the trunk still gives it a clean look because it blends into the chrome key hole.

The Dodge on the doors could go. The 2002 trunks are a joke.

·
Registered
680 Posts
<mlfca>...
what's up with the 2002 trunks?
i didn't see any thing different than my 2001 or did i?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
The 2002 trunk has either SE or ES in the top left I believe... so you have that.. 3.5Mag and Intrepid badges on the trunk. Way too many.

I am actually going to debage the Dodge from the side of my doors... but I am going to leave the R/T on (a la 2002 style). On the one side... im good if i just debage the Dodge, but on the other side I will have to take both the R/T and Dodge over because the writing is reversed and I would have to move the R/T badge over. I have an extra R/T decal here, ill probably just slap that one on.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by admiral_ju00:
<mlfca>...
what's up with the 2002 trunks?
i didn't see any thing different than my 2001 or did i?
Not only is the trim level on the trunk, there is the word Dodge in the upper left corner. To much.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I agree about the 2002 ass being too busy. Same with the Stratus. On my 01 ES, I removed the DODGE from the doors as well as the rams head from the hood. Looks much cleaner, especially in black. I like the Intrepid on the trunk though, but I'm debating taking the ES of the rear doors.

When someone was talking about re-using the badging, what would you use to put them back on. Is the 3m tape available retail? Or would you use contact cement?

Dave

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I took the word INTREPID off the back and the letters are in fine shape if I ever want to put them back on. Just cut some 3M doubleback tape into the shape of the letters. That's how they are put on from the factory.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Originally posted by DjPiLL:
I am actually going to debage the Dodge from the side of my doors... but I am going to leave the R/T on (a la 2002 style). On the one side... im good if i just debage the Dodge, but on the other side I will have to take both the R/T and Dodge over because the writing is reversed and I would have to move the R/T badge over. I have an extra R/T decal here, ill probably just slap that one on.
That's what I did. It's lovely.

·
Registered
147 Posts
BlkBute- How would you go about shaving your antena or keyhole or doorhandles. I have seen some trucks with shaved doorhandles and I have always wondered how they did it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts