DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got my new sound system installed in my 95 intrepid... 2 12 inch bazooka subs, Sony xplode 760 watt amp, and an alpine deck... one tiny problem tho... The deck is too long! it stick out about a half an inch from the plastic molding becuase of the(i think its the air vent) wall in the back of the deck space... Can anyone help?! I dont want to buy a new deck, so if there are any other options please let me know... the modle # on the deck is CDM- 7871... thanks

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
did the deck already have mounts on it or did you have to screw them in and then install the deck? on my pioneer you could pick the placement of your mounting brackets, like if the thing was gonna be too long you could move the brackets and then the deck would sit flush. there's a lot of room back there...surely the deck can't be long enough to hit the back and still stick out, can it?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i had that prob too. there is a drop-off right before that air vent. you have to take all the wires and wire harness and cram them down there while pushing the deck back. then hold the deck in place while you screw in the installation kit. i hope you have small fingers otherwise you're gonna be there for a while :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts