DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need another keyboard for my dell inspiron 5000e. The one I have now has been fried, and I get a long loud beep everytime it boots up because it's registering that one of the keys is stuck.

I tried ebay where keyboards for all the other types of inspirons are selling for about $15, but not for the 5000e.

I went to this other site, the only one that seems to have the one I need, but they're selling it for over $100.

Does anyone know where else I could get one much cheaper?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Why not just go to Best Buy or something and get a general keyboard (like one made my Microsoft, Logitech, or whatever)?

I have a PC Concepts natural keyboard. The only thing wrong with it is that it needs a new space bar (a little hard to click at times). But than again, after all the times I've hit my keyboad, I'm surprised it's still functioning. :)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I think an Inspiron is a laptop and he is talking about the built in keyboard.... but I didn't know you could even change them. Must be quite a job.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can change them, I actually have the keyboard piece out right now, and am using a regular keyboard for now. The problem is... if I keep the same damaged keyboard in there, there are some keys I can't use, and I'll have to deal with the long loud beep every time I boot up.
Also if I just stick to using the external keyboard, then I have no option but to keep the keyboard out because when it's connected it's still registering pressed keys, so in effect I would no longer have a mobile laptop, but a flat desktop with a 15" screen. That would also mean I'd have to take the keyboard with me wherever I go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts