DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, maybe the wrong forum...BUT:

if you had a 'friend' who was interested in possibly getting into the demo-derby hobby...what suggestions OK THE HELL WITH THAT CRAP
(too many words)

What cars are good candidates for demo derby: cost is an issue, and so is rarity. GO!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The Volswagons are good cars. Had a friend that had a rabbit in and it won 1st the first day and 2nd the second day. solid car.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh MAN!!!!! i cant believe you just said that iggy!!!!!!!!

a HUGE lightbulb lit up, my best friend bought this clapped out '84 rabbit GTI when we were 16...took us about 2 weeks to blow the motor, she still sits behind his house!!!!!!

iggy, you kick the most ass...i wouldn't have even thought of that!!!!

KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
a ford ltd wagon, install a seccond rad and use that one, keep the front for looks, lol.... most large wagons are good, did a ltd when i was 16 adn it held strong!

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Mid-late 60's Chrysler Newport. The only car to ever have the honor of being banned from demolition derbys.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Axle said:
Mid-late 60's Chrysler Newport. The only car to ever have the honor of being banned from demolition derbys.
Hell yea! here ya go! i almost got one of these, pearl white, leather, am radio, the works!

CLICKY!

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
why'd they ban it, anything specific or it was just too tough to beat?
According to Car Craft's rules for entry into the derby at the Nationals this past summer, they said that it's banned because it's built like a tank and indestructible. That's gotta mean a lot when they allow anything else including Cadillacs, Lincolns, etc.

·
Registered
562 Posts
A chrysler cordoba is also a good choice to smash around with. Those things are pretty solid

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Chevy Caprice.

I work at a racetrack that holds bi-monthly demo derbys and ive watched 3 Chevy Caprice's take home a win.

·
Registered
836 Posts
In the middle of the night, quietly "borrow" Axle's Caprice Wagon, and when your done with it, just put it back where it was, and wala, an easy win! :p :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Then my foot and his ass will have a demo derby, let's see how well he does against 14" of steel-toed goodness.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Chevys are the most popular because of the cost to get one is little to nothing, and that with the distrubutor at the back of the engine, one can use his foot to play with the timing to get it restarted if it stalls.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
awww cmon axle...can i at least weld your doors shut?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Valhalla 21340 said:
oh MAN!!!!! i cant believe you just said that iggy!!!!!!!!

a HUGE lightbulb lit up, my best friend bought this clapped out '84 rabbit GTI when we were 16...took us about 2 weeks to blow the motor, she still sits behind his house!!!!!!

iggy, you kick the most ass...i wouldn't have even thought of that!!!!

KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!!
No problem. The compact rounds are about 15-20 cars in a ring in antigo so it lasted a hell of a beating. Alot of the wagons (such as the caprice) are good if you want a larger car.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have lot of experience in this arena...the first thing you should do is get the rules at where your friend plans to race...a lot of places ban certain cars - chrysler imperials (the best period...no debate), chrysler newports, lincoln continentals for example. These cars are tanks...few places let you run them. Other derbys only take 80s or newer cars. Some derbys only take 80s or newer compacts

Some of the better cars....70s Ford LTDs, Chevy Caprice, 74-76 Chevy Impala (most popular), grand marquis, lincolns, new yorkers, cadilacs, any old wagon. Fords have the best rear ends bar none...the drivers I know if they are driving a chevy will replace the rear end with a ford or weld the chevy. If you want some other car set up help...PM me or leave a message here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts