DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an annoying little problem with my computer. This only happens once in awhile, has no rhyme or reason to it at all. I have a password and signing in to that is fine, after that no other passwords work. The keys type different letters or something. I click an icon on the dektop and all the icons before it highlight. Only way to get rid of this is to turn off the computer and reboot. The Stand by button turns into "hibernate". This all started to happen after I bought a new wireless keyboard and mouse. Im guessing maybe the transmiter is too close or I need another updated driver. Any ideas?

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I don't know about the different keys, but the whole hibernate thing and the icon highlighting deal is simple. . .

YOUR SHIFT KEY IS STUCK. Or at least, your keyboard is transmitting that your shift key is being pressed. Are any of the letters in your login or password capitalized? Maybe when you press that shift key, it gets stuck.

When you go to shut down your computer, hit the shift key and the standby turns to hibernate. This is by design and is working right.

When you hold down shift when clicking any icon, it thinks you are trying to select everthing from where the last highlighted item is to where you are clicking. Again, this is how it's supposed to work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts