DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered a new hangout for car buffs to chill and maybe have a street race or two. All sorts of cars show up, Camaros, Mustangs, Cobalts, SRT-4's and such. Now, I've done some work to my car (exaust, intake, computer). There was a roudy bunch in a 02 Sentra SE-R Vspec. He had a big ol' fart cannon on it, and he was acting pretty cocky. The others told me he was all show. And since I had the only modded Grand Am GT in the bunch, I decided to shut him up. I asked him, "So...you think this is fast, huh?" "What the **** you got then?" I laughed, "I got a Grand Am with some work done to it." He immediently went for a bet, I told him no, I just wanted a race. (I didn't want the pressure of cash, and I only had $20 on me, he wanted to throw down $80.) Okay, so now I'm pumped, I follow his lead to the light. The traffic light was our signal. Somebody drove a mile down the road, to the next light to confirm who crosses first. After everything was set, we pulled up the light. He revved his motor like crazy at me. I just smiled and waited for the light. When green came, I floored it. I immediently pulled on him, gaining about 1 1/2 car lengths on him, when my GT hit third, he stayed glued to my rear bumper. I got up to 125MPH when I crossed the light. 1 car length was the difference. He drove off after coming back to the lot, his ego obviously shot down. And people there now don't scoff at a Grand Am's potential anymore. Win #4 for Stealth X.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
So u got the 80.00? Also when you went across the other light was it green or did your peeps block the traffic?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Not to be an ass,

regardless of Time, Place, going 125 on the streets is immature and downright dangerous.

I for one do not approve of this thread, even if its a nice Kill.

You may get mad at me, but have a friends family member get hit by some one street racing when "nobody's" around and being safe about it. And you will know How I feel.

·
Registered
109 Posts
EagleESI everything is said and done, cant change it man! In my opinion it was very risky too, but I love to hear about cocky assholes that get shut up! Nice kill! but be careful

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I know it's risky. But this dude was asking for it. And yeah, I did score $80. LULZ. It's going towards my new ram air hood I'm planning on getting soon.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I recently discovered a new hangout for car buffs to chill and maybe have a street race or two. All sorts of cars show up, Camaros, Mustangs, Cobalts, SRT-4's and such. Now, I've done some work to my car (exaust, intake, computer). There was a roudy bunch in a 02 Sentra SE-R Vspec. He had a big ol' fart cannon on it, and he was acting pretty cocky. The others told me he was all show. And since I had the only modded Grand Am GT in the bunch, I decided to shut him up. I asked him, "So...you think this is fast, huh?" "What the **** you got then?" I laughed, "I got a Grand Am with some work done to it." He immediently went for a bet, I told him no, I just wanted a race. (I didn't want the pressure of cash, and I only had $20 on me, he wanted to throw down $80.) Okay, so now I'm pumped, I follow his lead to the light. The traffic light was our signal. Somebody drove a mile down the road, to the next light to confirm who crosses first. After everything was set, we pulled up the light. He revved his motor like crazy at me. I just smiled and waited for the light. When green came, I floored it. I immediently pulled on him, gaining about 1 1/2 car lengths on him, when my GT hit third, he stayed glued to my rear bumper. I got up to 125MPH when I crossed the light. 1 car length was the difference. He drove off after coming back to the lot, his ego obviously shot down. And people there now don't scoff at a Grand Am's potential anymore. Win #4 for Stealth X.
Good job on the kill. And thanks for being realistic about the description; I give you much more respect than if you claimed to spank his ass by 10 cars...

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
^ lol... yea i remember like 1 year ago i smoked a sentra pretty damn bad... This dude was riding next to me and I usually take off pretty hard so he though I was racing him... I saw him push on the gas and so did I. He barely got next to me and then I started pulling away. It was a manual too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts