DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am, for some reason, a member over at Club Sea Ray - I think I needed to log on to get to see the attachments to a "broken crank" thread or something.

Anyway, I just got an email today from them about the Club Sea Ray 2012 Calendar.

What would the members of the board think about making a Calendar out of all of the COTM winners if they could provide the correct resolution photos of the cars in a good pose?

I think it'd be a fun addition. I'd hang one or two with pride.

What would others think?

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,546 Posts
Interesting idea Cean. Niiiice!

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a local printer here that does them too - I will call and get prices. Kinda late in the process here, but if the MOD/Admin staff wanna talk it over, we can post a thread about getting pictures from COTM winners (or others if someone doesn't want to participate), and I can get them gathered and made, and mailed out (or have the printer do it).

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
super like! im down!

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have results!

Calendars are double 8.5x11, stapled spine, no minimums to order, take 2 weeks (or less) to print, and are only $8.75 each - I'm not planning on making any money on these, this is just for fun. I would think with postage, we'll be right about $10, maybe $10.50. I'll check with the post office at lunch maybe, and report back a final number.

Personally, I think that is a fine price.

NOW - the hard part.

I would think that COTM winners are the best option for monthly pictures, but like the boating forum above, we can do it with just user submitted photos. I would like Admin to step in and supply COTM photos, but possibly some legal discussion and or COTM winner permissions may be needed.

Minimum photo size should be 1600x1200 or better - 7.2mp would be probably idea, but that bests what my camera will do. The higher the resolution and the lower the compression, the better the picture will be. I guess we could have them printed as though they are 'matted' to the page.

I will be happy to handle money transactions to ship them. I have a Paypal account and can pay directly from there. I will also handle packaging and postage duties.

I do not plan on pre-buying - we would need to set a date, and get committed payments from all buyers - I have NO minumums, so if I'm the only buyer, no harm done, but for simplicity, I would like to buy in groups. Nothing says we don't have multiple buying periods.

If a COTM user in 2011 doesn't want their picture used or we can't confirm permission (or at least, ownership), past year winners could always be used. If we get too few COTM permissions, I say we open it up to public submission like the boating forum example.

Thoughts?

PM me for Paypal address, once paid I will put your name on the list.

1. cdmccul (Cean)

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, also need a cover for it - Even just a white background with the site logo would work... Or user submitted photo. I personally want little to do with choosing the photos to be used, but will as needed.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
We could do something similar to what other clubs do...
Each month's winner of COTM could represent that month in the calendar.
For the months that we didn't have a COTM, we could use user supplied photos, or photos of/at meets.
For the cover, we could do a ROTY (Ride of the year) contest, and have the winner of that be on the cover of the calendar.

Any thoughts??

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just posting to let ya'll know this isn't dead...

I'm in contact with the administrator on some details - expect some more news soon.

Anybody happen to know the process on the ROTY (Ride Of The Year)? When that is held, results, etc?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,426 Posts
After re-reading your comment Tom, looks like ROTY is your idea. I'll bring it up with the staff.
I am not interested in doing a ride of the year contest. It has been done in the past with bad endings, left sour tastes in my mouth.

Other than that, the rest looks great!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts