DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
439 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing, but then I thought, "I dont want someone I dont even know touching my car" (dont even get me started on those chinese menus).....anyways, I think it could have negative results?? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
439 Posts
I do like this idea very much though, it would be a great way to get members who live nearby on the boards. This would mean more meets, and more ideas. I'm all for this but I dont know how those owners would react.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would like it if I was invited to join something like this. Make like a word or PDF file and put it up for download so each of us can print out like 10 or so and put them in our cars to put around like at grocery stores or something.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Randy,
Did my flyer get you thinking?
I agree that I don't think people will mind if the opening is something that compliments them on their choice of car and how nice it is.

I can work on it later this week.

Charles

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: MathWiz ]

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: MathWiz ]

·
Registered
229 Posts
Personally, if I caught anyone f'in with my car I'd go balistic. I wouldn't even care if they were putting free lottery tickets under my wipers.

What you need to do is print the flyer on postcard thick stock and find a place on the Intrepid that will allow you to lean it against the car and in view of the driver without having to touch the car with your hands. This will result in a few cards being lost by wind gusts and whatnot, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Afterall, nearly everyone on this site is rather anal about the appearances of their cars. It wouldn't be right if we go out and inadvertently smear up someones wax job.

As long as you put on the flyer/card that you aren't soliciting business, just web traffic, I think it would go a long way in preventing people from doing the 'ol grab-n-trash. Market it as a sort of car club (which it is) where Intrepid owners share ideas, insights, and can get help when necessary.

My two cents. :p

Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea. We just have to find a way to distribute them without being intrusive to the Intrepid owners we want to have come to the board.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
How 'bout just carve the web address into their hood? :D

I like the idea of a flyer...as long as it compliments them first. I say go for it. Charles, you said you already have a flyer? Show us! :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Originally posted by Intrepidatious:
I like the idea of a flyer...as long as it compliments them first. I say go for it. Charles, you said you already have a flyer? Show us! :)
I made this to sell my old wheels, I posted it in the Buy/Sell/Trade section. I just put it under wipers of 1st gen cars. No success yet.

Charles

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great idea!

One thing to consider is rain or moisture, we would most certainly be printing in colour (on inkjets) and any moisture would cause the ink to run onto their car....

I would visit the site alright, to drop off a repair/cleaning bill.

;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yea it sounds like a good idea, but a lot of the people in my area with intrepids are older people or families, and i doubt they are into "souping" up there cars, and talking about them, who knows, lol

[ November 15, 2001: Message edited by: 93Intrepid ]

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by 93Intrepid:
yea it sounds like a good idea, but a lot of the people in my area with intrepids are older people or families, and i doubt they are into "souping" up there cars, and talking about them, who knows, lol
Of course we'd only put them on trep's that we can tell the owner loves their car :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
My real dad is 68 years old believe it or not and a Korean war veteran. He used to own a 93 5.0 mustang, black. He just got a 1997 chevy lumina two years ago because it didn't eat as much gas as that stang did. My dad does not act his age and looks amazingly well for his age and can still kick my ass easily... So not all older people would sneer at modding their cars to perform better or look better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts