DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
that guy sounds kind of like an asspacker. not rustangs R US but the guy that badmouthed this site. if parts were available for intrepids as readily as they are cars like camaros, firebirds, rustangs, etc, our cars would probably all be running 275hp and 13 second 1/4s.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know! I read that and was like what kind of dimwit is his friend? I mean if you can't find good advice on this site about Treps then you need to check your pulse! My thought is his friend is not to bright and maybe asked the wrong questions.

Buschman

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Idiotic ****s, typical Chevy yee-haa`s, It would be rather interesting to find out what his friend UserID was... and search for posts from him, maybe then we can all judge.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dude never signed up. It's like he expects us to figure out all the **** he wants to do to his car and post it up before he even lifts a finger to type in his username. He wants seperate discussion groups for suspension, forced induction, road racing, drag racing, etc. I'm like get a grip, it's a Trep, there isn't like a huge after market with dozens of prefab choices like an F-Body. We are an elite group and most of our mods take more ingenuity and creativity than that. Not to knock CZ28.com, it's a great site. And now that I'm a Hawk owner I have to ride the GM/MOPAR line :) Ford sucks! :p hehhe

Buschman

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
if you want a vehicle that doesn't suck, buy a plane.

ford sucks. gm sucks too, sorry. i wouldn't wipe my ass with 9/10 of gm products.

·
Registered
349 Posts
the rustangs-r-us guy also stated bigger wires for the plugs on a "brand spankin new" intrepid. I'm wondering... what does he mean by that? there are no spark plug wires on the second gens... it's all coil-on-plug... Unless he means something to replace the rubber pieces and springs that go down to the plug from the coils. And if that's the case, I'd like to know where these are purchased and if they offer any type of performance increase. Being that the distance between the coil and plug is a matter of 6 to 8 inches... I don't think there is much room for improvement in that section. Now if he is putting an MSD ignition on there, I can see how bigger wires would work, but I really don't see the point of an MSD ignition on a coil-on-plug ignition setup anyway. Someone else enlighten me if I'm wrong... this is just based on advice given to me in the past.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey Buschman, got any engine pics of your Firehawk for us? Let me just say....SWEEET!

Ya win the lottery or something??
:)

Oh, btw, tell that ford rustangs r us loser, that our engines are bigger than his, and we have triptronic...haha

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Djnrg:
Hey Buschman, got any engine pics of your Firehawk for us? Let me just say....SWEEET!

I will try and snap a few dig pics of the engine tonight or sometime and post them up for you. To be quite honest the engine doesn't look as pretty as the Treps. It's just much bigger is all :) Technology wise the Hawk's engine is na badass! 335hp and gets 18-23 mpg. I got 28 mpg on my way to the beach. Throw her in 6th gear, keep her between 70-80, and try not to rev on Mustangs as you pass them :D

Buschman

p.s. No lottery, I just worked hard for them :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Djnrg:

Oh, btw, tell that ford rustangs r us loser, that our engines are bigger than his, and we have triptronic...haha
Hey DJ,

Sorry it took me so long but I finally got some pics of the Firehawk's legendary LS1 engine. Check out my sig. That engine has got to be the greatest pushrod V8 ever designed(with the possible exception of the 426 hemi) :D

Buschman

·
Registered
164 Posts
You guys are getting pretty evil here.

I for one, am a die-hard Chevy fan, to the grave. I own and love my R/T though. This doesn't mean I've switched, or saw the light, or whatever you want to say. It means I'm exploring new territories, and trying new things. Don't be so harsh on people who like Chevy, or Ford (I personally am NOT a fan of Ford). They feel the same about their cars as we do about ours. It's just the nature of things.

About them talking crap about us, don't let it get to you. Most likely it wasn't the webmasters. I know them from long ago, when www.camaroz28.com and www.camaross.com were created. I used to frequent those sites daily, much the same as I do now with this one. Their very professional, and dedicated to their love of fast, reliable, and cost effective cars.

Enough preaching...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
hey, i was raised on chevy too. the fact is that as far as style and performance in that order, for family cars, pickups, and work trucks it is not possible for GM to touch Dodge. i thought i was a die-hard chevy man until my dad got his 97 ram. holy....that thing kills chevies and gmcs from the same year. it handles better, has a far better motor, and is much better looking.

would i buy another chevy product? maybe. but first they'd have to make it the best product on the market. since it's not, i will stick with the vehicle that is the best product on the market.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts