DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is going on peeps? Just wanted to start a different thread and not clutter up the other threads about whom from the south east was going to be attending and traveling up I-95. So far myself and 04IntrepidSXT are planning to caravan up. We are hoping that Imadreadhead will be rolling up with us.

*Travel* Trip Route from Google Maps
I will be meeting 04IntrepidSXT at the Scotchman at the I20/I95 interchange between 7am - 8am Thursday morning July 5th. Anyone else wanting to caravan to Carlisle add your name to the list and we will see if we can map out places along I-95 to hook up and roll the remainder of the way together. I have a set of two-way radios and will look into getting some more depending on how big the list gets as it would be easier to talk via the two-way radios then constantly calling each other's cell on the way up.

1. Kcarlos2000
2. 04IntrepidSXT
3. Imadreadhead

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
1. Kcarlos2000
2. 04IntrepidSXT
3. Imadreadhead
4. IceDragon38

My plan is to hook up with y'all at the Fredericksburg area rest stop. It's about 20 minutes after you pass King's Dominion. I don't need one of those 2 way radios or anything like that, someone can just call my cell phone whenever you are close, and I'll keep a look-out and catch up with you once you pass.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
If I-95 didn't run in the complete opposite direction for me, I'd gladly join you fella's... but I'll be crossing into PA via I-78 on thursday after class and after I give the car a nice bath haha.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Depending on how things go, I may be able to join.
Same as with the S/E meet, it's all questionable with medical, and if I don't get rear-ended again. If it looks good, someone can follow us in my other Intrepid so we can have more room to stretch in or not (up to you guys.)
NOTE : This is not a guarantee, I will not know until about a week ahead.

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
I am going to put myself down as a maybe. I won't know untill three weeks before the event since that is the min. time I have to put in for time off. I don't think I will have a problem getting time off it will be money that is my problem.
1. Kcarlos2000
2. 04IntrepidSXT
3. Imadreadhead
4. Sexymed
5. 95trep3.3 (Maybe)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just re-adding my name to the list since everyone took it out.....

1. Kcarlos2000
2. 04IntrepidSXT
3. Imadreadhead
4. Sexymed
5. 95trep3.3 (Maybe
6. dmondeac (maybe)
7. IceDragon38

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Hey Sexymed,

It's 2 mapquest hours from the scotchman in Florence to Smithfield, NC. So that makes your meet up time 9am.

For places to meet, I have found these places based on what road you use to head towards I95:
head in on I40 : Don't see any street exits unless you take 95 down one exit to exit 79 then there are like 7 gas stations nearby
head in on Hwy 70 : Sunoco - 1716 E Market St., Smithfield (I95 exit 95)
head in on Hwy 264: Kangaroo Express - 4943 Hwy 264W, Wilson (I95 exit 121)

Pick one of those spots to meet up at or another better suited to you and let us know.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Hey IceDragon,

Did some mapping on you as well.

Smithfield, NC to Fredricksburg, VA is almost 3.5 mapquest hours, so your meet up time in no later than 12:30

Fredricksburg is exit 130-ish. I take it you'll be at the rest area near milemarker 132? If nature is calling, we could stop in the rest area or we could also meet up at one of the gas stations at exit 130?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
Hey Sexymed,

It's 2 mapquest hours from the scotchman in Florence to Smithfield, NC. So that makes your meet up time 9am.

For places to meet, I have found these places based on what road you use to head towards I95:
head in on I40 : Don't see any street exits unless you take 95 down one exit to exit 79 then there are like 7 gas stations nearby
head in on Hwy 70 : Sunoco - 1716 E Market St., Smithfield (I95 exit 95)
head in on Hwy 264: Kangaroo Express - 4943 Hwy 264W, Wilson (I95 exit 121)

Pick one of those spots to meet up at or another better suited to you and let us know.
There is a J & R outlet at exit 97.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
Hey IceDragon,

Smithfield, NC to Fredricksburg, VA is almost 3.5 mapquest hours, so your meet up time in no later than 12:30

Fredricksburg is exit 130-ish. I take it you'll be at the rest area near milemarker 132? If nature is calling, we could stop in the rest area or we could also meet up at one of the gas stations at exit 130?
Is Icedragon taking 64 to 95? If he is then exit 104 (ruther glen) would be good. Food fuel and restrooms.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
Hey IceDragon,

Yeah, it's right around that area. My plan is to just get to the rest area, and just hang with the GF until you guys come through. Nobody has to stop or anything like that, I'll just be on the look-out for y'all....a line of Treps (especially one that looks like it's gonna be at least 5 deep) is gonna be hard to miss.

Is Icedragon taking 64 to 95? If he is then exit 104 (ruther glen) would be good. Food fuel and restrooms.
Well actually, I'm not sure......I have to pick up the GF from Richmond....so I'll either be taking 64, or maybe 460. Either way I'm gonna end up on 95 at Richmond.

1 - 20 of 229 Posts