DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the scenario. I'm hoping one of you may have an idea or can help me out in some way.

In April my Concorde bit the dust when it ate the tranny. Since then its been at my girlfriend's house until I could do something with it. Well now me and my gf broke up and I need somewhere to put the car ASAP. I can't afford to fix it right now and I can't keep it on a public road because it's not registered. I live in a apt building and the rules are that I can't keep a car here that isn't registered so thats not an option either. I can't afford to have the car registered because NY state law says it has to be insured, and thats too much money. I just got laid off so I need a cheap way to keep it until I'm working again.

Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe someone on Long Island has some extra space? I really need to do something soon.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Some insurance companies will let you insure the car with only comprehensive, or with coverage - but suspended coverage.

That way - the car is registered and insured - it just doesn't meet the full requirements to be driven.

I know you can do it in Ohio, not sure about NY.

·
Registered
530 Posts
NY is a bunch os cocksuckers about insurance. That's why soooooooooooo many people go out of state for insurance.

·
9,861 Posts
jtatz said:
Some insurance companies will let you insure the car with only comprehensive, or with coverage - but suspended coverage.
I belive its called storage insurance.

·
Registered
376 Posts
To bad you were not closer I wouldn't have the problem with keeping it here for a few months...Have tons of room in driveway for a city house...Hell go by some farmhouse (out in county) and just ask someone with a few already on yard with the room if you could give them like $40 to leave the car there for like 4 months...pretty cheap...and there is usually some county houses with a small (seems like) junkyard on it...lol.
Just an idea...
STBEAR007

1 - 7 of 7 Posts