DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i replaced the broken hose on my cooling system. Replaced the thermostat. Refilled the coolant. It still overheats. It slowly gets to half way if i don't push it, then it rapidly jumps and pukes coolant everywhere.... I know it could be a number of things, did i forget something?

·
Registered
140 Posts
did u let all the air out of the bleeder? its near the housing.

·
Registered
296 Posts
if the 3.5 is the same as the 3.3 it is at the top front of the engine follow the top rad hose to the engine the bleeder screw is on the thermostat housing once the engine warms up open the screw it should let alot of air out you may have to do it a few times but it should work

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so far so good, i bled the system once right away, and again after it was warm. I ran the heat on high the whole time too. Now its time for a test drive.... *praying*

·
Registered
140 Posts
also squeeze the top rad house that should also help sorry i thought you knew where the bleeder was or i would have said so.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so heres the deal, i didn't overflow the coolant this time cuz i bled the lines.... but its still starting to get hot. My fans work, the thermostat is good, and at first the air in my car blew out hot, and i took it for a test drive and it started to get hot so i took it back to my garage.. now the air is blowing cold again... wtf does that mean?

·
Registered
296 Posts
it may still have air in the system this happened to me the first time i drained my rad and refilled it i thought i had all the air out but as soon as i took it for a drive it almost overheated so what i did was i had the proper wrench with me and as soon as it started to overheat i pulled over on a side road and got out and opened the bleeder screw up and more air came out i had to do that about 3 times i think, after the first few that i had done and it was good after that.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i wouldn't think that no circulation through the heater core would cause it because last year mine was plugged and i didn't have this problem but anything is a possibility.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts