DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was at my co-op today and I thought since my rotors were warped I would get them machened, so whal they were on the machene I was looking at the letters on the side of the car and some of the chrome was off of them so off they came, along with the dealer sticker. looks better now, I wish my car was newer so the paint would not be as faded on the hood so I could take the hood embelem off.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Looks better now doesn't it? I love the way my car looked the second I took all the badging off. sleeker....

Just remember to throw some wax where the badges used to be...that area has never seen wax so it could use it!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it does look better, but I do want to remove the front badge, the guy that deals with that kind of stuff suggested not to take it off because it will be faded, like that part will be darker then the rest of the car so I guess Im stuck with it on. Oh well, I also still have the trunk letters on. so I only took off the doors and the dealer badge. looks alot better though.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Go ahead and take off the front badge using the tried and true fishing line method so you don't break it. Wax it up...and if you notice a paint color difference, just throw some 3M tape on the back of it and put it back on. That way you can see for yourself if there is really a difference....and if not...well, then you're a happy camper!:wink:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, yes another thing I was looking at doing is because the car is Chrysler and not Dodge is getting a Dodge rams head logo, it will not be as flashy as the gold Chrysler symbol and it willl cover up the Chrysler badge fading marks, plus dodge just sounds better instead of Chrysler. But even with dealer discount cause I work there its still pretty expensive.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Personally, I like "Chrysler". I would have liked to put the Chrysler wing badge I bought on instead of the round one on there now, but the center medallion keeps falling out. Oh well...

I plan on cutting a hole in my magnetic bra for the round ornament. I have to wait until it gets warmer, though.

I also got my Chrysler wings windshield banner today... and I'll be putting it on this weekend. Pics will be posted. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts