DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering... did the Intrepid model get discontinued? I see Stratus on their website www.dodge.com but no Intrepid! Plus on the forums Second Gen goes to 2004 and thats it. Whats the deal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,960 Posts
Apparently you've been living under a rock? The replacement for the Intrepid is the Charger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
The Charger never replaced the Intrepid. the Intrepid was simply discontinued.
Chrysler may want you to believe the Charger is the replacement but all it is is a repackaged 300.
It's rear wheel drive and butt ugly to boot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
so let me see... they stopped the intrepid... now after that they started the charger....hmmm I'm pretty sure they replace the intrepid...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn I wish I could afford a Charger! Haha... go take a peek on dodge's website at all the features of the engine etc!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,960 Posts
boltuprite said:
The Charger never replaced the Intrepid. the Intrepid was simply discontinued.
Chrysler may want you to believe the Charger is the replacement but all it is is a repackaged 300.
It's rear wheel drive and butt ugly to boot.
And the Intrepid is a repackaged 300M.........so what? The 300C is the replacement for the 300M, and the Charger is the replacement for the Intrepid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,675 Posts
The Intrepid production cancelled sometime in 2004, along with the Concorde and 300
M. The Charger technically didnt replace the Intrepid, as there was a whole year between when the Intrepid production stopped and the Charger production began. You could say the 300 replaced the Concorde/300M as they were made right after the last Concordes and 300Ms left the factory. They could have kept the Intrepid though 2005 as they had no full size sedan, only the Stratus and Magnum.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,254 Posts
Matt86 said:
They could have kept the Intrepid though 2005 as they had no full size sedan, only the Stratus and Magnum.

Well, the 300C, Magnum, & charger are all made in the same factory that the Intrepid used to be built, so really they couldn't have kept producing Intrepids for 05'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Matt86 said:
The Intrepid production cancelled sometime in 2004, along with the Concorde and 300
M.
Um they just came out with the new 300's a couple years ago and now they discontinued em? WTF is going on here?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,155 Posts
ThaArtist said:
Um they just came out with the new 300's a couple years ago and now they discontinued em? WTF is going on here?!
i think your confused.

the LH body was discontinued in 2004 (intrepid, concorde, LHS, 300M)

the LX body replaced it in 2005 (magnum, 300C, charger)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
IMHO the 300C never replaced the 300M either.

as I noted, no cab forward, no FWD. totally different cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,155 Posts
boltuprite said:
IMHO the 300C never replaced the 300M either.

as I noted, no cab forward, no FWD. totally different cars.
your correct that they are not the same car. that's why we say they replaced the LH's. it was an "All New" design, but it replaces the LH's in the full size sedan slot for chrysler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
01redMS said:
the LH body was discontinued in 2004 (intrepid, concorde, LHS, 300M)

the LX body replaced it in 2005 (magnum, 300C, charger)
Bingo !!

Completely new platform. The entire "segment" was replaced, not specifically individual models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
boltuprite said:
IMHO the 300C never replaced the 300M either.

as I noted, no cab forward, no FWD. totally different cars.
:twak:

hints THEY REPLACED THE INTREPIDS,300M WITH THE NEW CHARGER/300C
SO AS YOU CAN TELL YOU DON'T WANT TO REPLACE SOMETHING NEW WITH THE SAME THING,THEN CALL IT NEW... SO THIS IS WHY IT'S ALL NEW DESIGN......TO GET THIS , TO REPLACE THATS IT LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN REPLACE THE DAMN INTREPID.....
 
1 - 20 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top