DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So all of you are using the green stuff or the yellow stuff... For some reason, my car has the orange Dexcool in it, which I found out is not for our cars at all. Should I flush this stuff out and put the right stuff in or will it not cause a drastic problem. Also, if I should flush it out, what is this lubricant someone was talking about in the other forum for the water pump?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,543 Posts
Use G-05 (gold antifreeze) it is only available usually at Napa or Carquest. The orange you are seeing is likely Mopar antifreeze, which would be fine too....(NOT Dexcool).

Water Wetter is a decent pump lubricant. I have used it a few times.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I suppose you could have a mix of MOPAR long life factory coolant(RED) + Zerez G-05(yellow) which may make it look somewhat orange. DexCool is a fluorescent yellow/orange color and G-05 is a non-fluorescent yellow/gold color. They do not look alike. If it is DexCool flush it ASAP. Zerex G-05 is also available @ O'Reilly's which is where I just bought mine Saturday for $15.59 a gallon full strength. The local dealer wanted $22/gal for the MOPAR factory red.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it is a florescent orange. I was told it was the Dexcool and so that is what I have been putting in it. How many gallons do you need for a full flush and that includes removing the thermostat right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
its 11.2 quarts IIRC. Get the DexCool out ASAP. It has no silicates and will cause pump seal failure. Get the Zerez G-05 and do a full flush/fill. if the DexCool has been run for an extended time I might even put in some Water Wetter/Purple Ice to provide some extra lube for the pump.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its 11.2 quarts IIRC. Get the DexCool out ASAP. It has no silicates and will cause pump seal failure. Get the Zerez G-05 and do a full flush/fill. if the DexCool has been run for an extended time I might even put in some Water Wetter/Purple Ice to provide some extra lube for the pump.
Thanks. It has been in there a while. I might try and do that tomorrow. You do have to take out the thermostat, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts