DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is There Any Diff. In The Rotors And Callipers ???
Are The 16" Wheel Trep Callipers And Rotors Bigger ?
What About The 300m ??

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
elboricua75 said:
R/T and 300M rotors have vents on the front of the rotor for better airflow and cooling.
Well, actually, the R/T rotors vent outward, while the non-R/T 297mm rotors vent inward. I don't recall if all the 300M models use the R/T style rotor though.

I've used both styles and didn't notice any difference performance wise. But if you use steel rims, don't use the R/T style.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I could use the 297mm with the same callipers but I just have to upgrade to 16"s or 17"s ? BtW thanks for the useful info . U guys have a great forum here . I used to be a Camry owner and post at Toyotanation for quite a bit and I see that U guys know your cars and I'd like to know them too . :invasion:

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
No you can't simply upgrade to the larger rotor by increasing the size of your wheel! While the caliper itself is the same, it mounts differently so the larger rotor will NOT fit...

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what's the way around this ? Should I look for the other calipers or they still won't work bcs the mount are diff. or can I change the mounting points ??

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
You need to change suspension parts. Spindles for sure and maybe something else.

I would consider buying your 15" stuff if it is cheap.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
I think there is a thread around here that talks about what all is needed to upgrade to the larger rotors. If I remember correctly it is just the spindle that needs to be swapped out...

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
So I could use the 297mm with the same callipers but I just have to upgrade to 16"s or 17"s ? BtW thanks for the useful info . U guys have a great forum here . I used to be a Camry owner and post at Toyotanation for quite a bit and I see that U guys know your cars and I'd like to know them too . :invasion:
Yeah, there are some very knowledgeable people on this board. I like to think I'm one of them. :) Of course, on this thread's subject, it also helps that I work for a brake company. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts